IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Jtygah49 wrote:I have several ideas that megabloks could think about doing or acquiring the licenses.

Battle beasts
Would be awesome... and highly unlikely given that Takara [and, by extension, [competitor]] own that property.

You can just slap a WoW panda head on a Halo figure though.

Thundercats. With the He-Man line mentioned at SDCC, the idea of Lion-o and He-Man cracking skulls side-by-side seems pretty much great.

Alvin wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote:How about a Vikings theme based on the TV show, could have longboats, buildings of Kattegat, buildings of Northumbria/Wessex, and of course some smaller sets such as the duel between Ragnar and Earl Haraldson, and battlepacks such as Knights from the different kingdoms of England, and battlepacks from the different Viking tribes (there doesn't seem to be a set shield colour for Kattegat as its a trading hub but in season 2 & 3 tribes like Jarl Borg and Lagartha's new tribe both have uniformed shields) Jarl Borgs warriors have yellow and dark green shields, Lagartha's shields are blue, etc.
The idea can be deepened to develop some peaceful mediaeval citizen life to balance the tone of violence, such as farmers, fishers, masons, blacksmith, vendors, poets, bard, officers, guards, guard trainers, mercenaries, etc. The constructions for their careers are the main selling point. It also able to crossover with Assasin's Creed. I think it is very interest to develop some kind of small sets to deploy such a village. And the sets can let us to explore the history of the construction and mediaeval life.
True, very true, since Vikings isn't all action. And we see civilised life on both the Viking side and the English side.

Maybe a zombie survival as an ideal theme. There are many movies and games, even TV series based on the Zombie Apocalypse.

Metalhead61916 wrote:Maybe a zombie survival as an ideal theme. There are many movies and games, even TV series based on the Zombie Apocalypse.
Uh COD kinda has zombies covered for now all you need to add to the zombie sets are regular humans to act as survivors. And most of the bigger zombies sets do seem to be abandoned buildings such as Mob of the Dead's prison, Tranzit 50's Diner, Tranzit's Barn (well front wall of the barn), etc.

As for a licenced zombie theme I don't see too many licenced themes to choose from as some have already been taken e.g. Mcfarlane has/had The Walking Dead licence for their construction toy line.

What about the classic Green vs. Tan Army Men? A lot of people seem to like the simplistic conflict between two nations of different color. Check out Plastic Apocalypse's on YouTube, its a stop motion film that has been viewed over a million times. Mega Bloks can totally just add a few different head sculpts and weapon designs to add to the call of duty sculpts. I hope to see more sets complete with two teams instead of just always having just one team with another sold separately.

^ That's a good idea.

Its been suggested before and for good reason as , as you stated, the simple green army man design/theme is classic . Had the COD WWII solders been sold as little green army men i would have bought a few.

Heck an extra all green head that matches the green of the figure body would be acceptable in order to cater to multiple taste.

Thehumanelement wrote:^ That's a good idea.

Its been suggested before and for good reason as , as you stated, the simple green army man design/theme is classic . Had the COD WWII solders been sold as little green army men i would have bought a few.

Heck an extra all green head that matches the green of the figure body would be acceptable in order to cater to multiple taste.
Exactly, I personally still own a bunch of army men and I've even played the Army Men games released by 3DO when I was young, but I always went back to the toys to create my own stories. They are versatile toys that carry no history with them except in a child's imagination. That Tan Soldier here can be a mass murderer or a sniper and that Blue soldier over there could be a spy, and so on and son on. It's a toy that doesn't need a video game to lean itself on. It's basically a toy that keeps on giving for as long as your imagination runs wild.

I think you can have a nice mix of playability and collectability with an army men set.

If a manufacturer like Mega Bloks can take the static Army Men, give it the articulation of a ballet dancer, the customizability of a PC and the arsenal of Rambo, oh boy, will my wallet run dry.

STan94 wrote:If a manufacturer like Mega Bloks can take the static Army Men, give it the articulation of a ballet dancer, the customizability of a PC and the arsenal of Rambo, oh boy, will my wallet run dry.
Ha! Well said.

I think that mega should expand the COD legacy line with AXIS soldier and vehicles, as it would bring in WWII buffs and collectors to purchase the line. I think everyone wants enemies for their COD WWII soldiers till they're blue in the face.

As for a licenced zombie theme I don't see too many licenced themes to choose from as some have already been taken e.g. Mcfarlane has/had The Walking Dead licence for their construction toy line.
What about the dead series. (Dawn , Day, Night of the living...) You could have different settings, That shopping mall would be killer, Different times, 70s, 80s up to modern. If I remember right, George A. Romero was even a character in COD so he might be game for a license. And they are fairly recent, and have a large fanbase.

Return to “General discussion”