IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
It probably wouldn't be worth Mega Bloks obtaining the Back to the Future license. There's no current media for it, which means there wouldn't be much interest, ie sales. Sure, [competitor] made the Deloreon. But it's only one set, and the [competitor] brand name really helps sell it.

Ghostbusters does have a new movie coming out. Maybe they license it, but it's not really a proven property for merchandise in today's market. Also, there might not be enough material there to support a line of product.

Masters of the Universe does seem like the most logical property to fill the fantasy genre for MB. Mattel owns the property, so there are no licensing fees to pay off.

I doubt MB ever licenses Aliens or Predators. They both tend to be rated-R properties, which toy companies tend to shy away from. Aliens and Halo have such similar design aesthetics it might not be worth buying up another license only to make similar looking material.

Ashtalon wrote:
> It probably wouldn't be worth Mega Bloks obtaining the Back to the Future
> license. There's no current media for it, which means there wouldn't be
> much interest, ie sales. Sure, [competitor] made the Deloreon. But it's only
> one set, and the [competitor] brand name really helps sell it.
>
> Ghostbusters does have a new movie coming out. Maybe they license it, but
> it's not really a proven property for merchandise in today's market.
> Also, there might not be enough material there to support a line of
> product.
>
> Masters of the Universe does seem like the most logical property to fill
> the fantasy genre for MB. Mattel owns the property, so there are no
> licensing fees to pay off.
>
> I doubt MB ever licenses Aliens or Predators. They both tend to be rated-R
> properties, which toy companies tend to shy away from. Aliens and Halo
> have such similar design aesthetics it might not be worth buying up another
> license only to make similar looking material.

Uh MB makes COD, Halo and AC, all of which are at least 16-18 age rated games and Cary said they are looking toward the collector side of things as well as being a toy company so an R rating isn't much of an issue with MB.

Like I suggested before that megabloks should do a generic fantasy line making use of the previous warcraft molds with the new maf articulation. The theme would allow mega to do figures and sets that would have goblins, valkyries, and other fantasy creatures. Another idea would be to get the Game of Thrones license which would be great for collectors who want more than just normal action figures.

I was thinking that for the AC line a good idea for sets could be building puzzles or trap type scenery. The games have them all through them. I think building a working obstacle with a prize (chest, peace of Eden or armor) behind it would be fun and totally in spirit with the game. They could also be done in multiple price ranges, from just a trick door, all the way up to a sig series set. Each set could include a different color costume from its game or a Generic assassin. This idea could also be used if Mega ever chooses to try a “Tomb Raider” type line. Another idea I had for a line could be “The Sims”. I know this would be a different demo from most of the adult oriented games Mega produces, but done well style wise it could sync with the others well and bring in new customers. Also providing a resource for new building and vehicles for customizers. BTW Sims sets could be offered in many historic time frames. Modern as well as fantasy, or even shipwrecked. Well that’s all I got for now but for my 2 cent (or many dollars as the case may be) I would be willing to support such lines.

Speaking of the fantasy genre, which I love. I think this would be a great and sustainable opportunity to make a toyline made up of different races.

They could do a Heroes of Might and Magic toyline, a turn based strategy game made up of races going at war with each other. The seventh installment is due to be released this year I think. Oh, and the game franchise is being published by Ubisoft, what a
small world.

I wonder what the possibilities are with working with other toy companies to use their license for brick set themes. To tell you truth a G.I. Joe micro action figures would get a lot interests from the joe collectors, but it would be a snowball chance in hades for it to happen.

I wonder if mega bloks could get the rules and rights to heroscape from [competitor]. I think the heroscape game idea would translate well in brick form, and could bring fantasy theme sets. All mega would need is the rules and use existing lines and create fantasy theme troop sets.

How about a Vikings theme based on the TV show, could have longboats, buildings of Kattegat, buildings of Northumbria/Wessex, and of course some smaller sets such as the duel between Ragnar and Earl Haraldson, and battlepacks such as Knights from the different kingdoms of England, and battlepacks from the different Viking tribes (there doesn't seem to be a set shield colour for Kattegat as its a trading hub but in season 2 & 3 tribes like Jarl Borg and Lagartha's new tribe both have uniformed shields) Jarl Borgs warriors have yellow and dark green shields, Lagartha's shields are blue, etc.

AkulA1996 wrote:How about a Vikings theme based on the TV show, could have longboats, buildings of Kattegat, buildings of Northumbria/Wessex, and of course some smaller sets such as the duel between Ragnar and Earl Haraldson, and battlepacks such as Knights from the different kingdoms of England, and battlepacks from the different Viking tribes (there doesn't seem to be a set shield colour for Kattegat as its a trading hub but in season 2 & 3 tribes like Jarl Borg and Lagartha's new tribe both have uniformed shields) Jarl Borgs warriors have yellow and dark green shields, Lagartha's shields are blue, etc.
The idea can be deepened to develop some peaceful mediaeval citizen life to balance the tone of violence, such as farmers, fishers, masons, blacksmith, vendors, poets, bard, officers, guards, guard trainers, mercenaries, etc. The constructions for their careers are the main selling point. It also able to crossover with Assasin's Creed. I think it is very interest to develop some kind of small sets to deploy such a village. And the sets can let us to explore the history of the construction and mediaeval life.

Return to “General discussion”