IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I'd like to see a fantasy type line with CoD/Halo articulation. I did pick some of the Warcraft sets due to my love of the fantasy genre, but I think the Warcraft designs are too garish. Something like Skyrim or Dragon Age would be cool. Or even an original, Mega Bloks created line would be cool. My dream would be for MB to license Warhammer, but I think they could also just create their own generic fantasy theme. Maybe even develop a mobile device app game around it to give it media.

MB now has horses available, so mounted troops are possible. Hoods from AC and scarves from CoD could be re-purposed as well as weapons like AC swords, maces, and halberds. Sets could be based around large monsters (dragons, giants, trolls), vehicles (wagons, ships), and buildings (tunnels, inns, campsites, ruins). Teampacks could be either army-builders (orcs, human knights, dwarves w/shorter legs) or parties (ie human knight, dwarf, elf ranger, and wizard).

We have a variety of themes in MB so far, and some more coming out. I think fantasy is a major theme not yet covered with the more collector-oriented articulation.

Ashtalon wrote:
> I'd like to see a fantasy type line with CoD/Halo articulation. I did
> pick some of the Warcraft sets due to my love of the fantasy genre, but I
> think the Warcraft designs are too garish. Something like Skyrim or
> Dragon Age would be cool. Or even an original, Mega Bloks created line
> would be cool. My dream would be for MB to license Warhammer, but I think
> they could also just create their own generic fantasy theme. Maybe even
> develop a mobile device app game around it to give it media.
>
> MB now has horses available, so mounted troops are possible. Hoods from AC
> and scarves from CoD could be re-purposed as well as weapons like AC
> swords, maces, and halberds. Sets could be based around large monsters
> (dragons, giants, trolls), vehicles (wagons, ships), and buildings
> (tunnels, inns, campsites, ruins). Teampacks could be either
> army-builders (orcs, human knights, dwarves w/shorter legs) or parties (ie
> human knight, dwarf, elf ranger, and wizard).
>
> We have a variety of themes in MB so far, and some more coming out. I
> think fantasy is a major theme not yet covered with the more
> collector-oriented articulation.

I'd go for a skyrim theme just as long as they don't put the coolest stuff in a frostbite spider set (the one thing I would refuse to get a set of and the one thing I won't get into close quarters fights with in skyrim) speaking of skyrim I suppose you could expand that to Tamriel Unlimited since it is basically all of Tamriel (again please no cool stuff in the big spider cave sets if they made them).

OMG did you guys just say you got the License to Ninja Turtles and Star Trek
all i can say is
Ninja Turtle Party Van and Star Trek II Khan vs Kurt Figures lolololol

also
still wondering about
ALIEN vs Predator series.
or ALIENS.
like to see a Huge Scale of Nostromo ship
if we gotta go by kids and rates. lets just make
Colonial Marines pack and Xeno Packs. so we can make some armys for kids
maybe then that could sell well.
if you guys need help for any OTHER Vehicles to add into the ALIENS universe.
you can atleast try and ask the people who did some designs from the movie like James Cameron.
or some other people who did action figures, comics or video games of universe vehicles to give to the marines
just some ideas

Cary :)

1. Mega Bloks Mega Heroes Assortment

A 2 to 4 figure IN HOUSE super hero themed pack with emphasis on customizing. No licensing required. Not dissimilar to Halo's current 2 figure customizing packs (NMPD and Covenant Elites with interchangeable armor). The "Mega Heroes" could have multiple heads (masked, helmeted and robot), capes of different colors, weapons, armor accessories (forearm, belt , and lower leg) and / or torsos of different colors to make different hero types. Alternate packs could have 1 male sculpt and 1 female sculpt. 2 female packs might place the product in multiple categories for additional sales. Use the well sculpted and detailed Marvel super hero torsos that Mega created years ago with new articulation added to the arms. Again...no license required and fans could build very close approximations of some classic comic book Heroes with the strategically varied parts.

2. MASTERS of The Universe \ He Man

Some fans want a sword and sorcery fantasy line like Conan or Warhammer . Some want sci fi fantasy like Warhammer 40k. Some fans want dragons while others want Gryphon's. MOTU gives everyone everything they want with no apologies. Muscle bound Heroes? Check. Large beasts with laser guns? Check. Heck there is a guy NAMED Beastman. Female warriors? Absolutely. Guys with Knight like armor? Mhmm. Monsters ? Check? Wizards ? Yes. Men made of plants ? Why the *** not. You get the point.

Kids want Heroes and grown up kids want Heroes that LOOK like heroes. MOTU has it all.

3. Mechs with pilots

...you see how much mileage HALO has gotten out of the cyclops mech armor. Make bigger and better mechs (license Pacific rim or in house designs) and continue to make money. I've personally purchased several Generic robot figures this year precisely because I wanted to modify them to accept/seat Mega Bloks micro figures. I'd save myself some work of MEGA BLOKS simply sold me a figure and mech suit combo that wasn't a Cyclops.

I'd like to see Mega stay focused on the things that they excel at and won't have much competition for from a licensing perspective. Video game licenses and "mature" content seem to be largely avoided by [competitor]. The large existence of after market companies such as BrickArms demonstrates the fans interest in the more militarized building sets. Mass Effect and DESTINY would provide a large universe to create long-lasting lines from. I would also love to see a mega bloks line similar in style to the Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment line that features iconic vehicles from movies and television. Mattel has most of these licenses through other channels already (back to the future, ghostbuster etc) , but it's unclear if these would transfer to building sets as [competitor] has already made versions of these previously. A mega bloks Ecto-I with new articulation mini figs would be amazing.

matthewilw wrote:
> I'd like to see Mega stay focused on the things that they excel at and
> won't have much competition for from a licensing perspective. Video game
> licenses and "mature" content seem to be largely avoided by [competitor].
> The large existence of after market companies such as BrickArms
> demonstrates the fans interest in the more militarized building sets. Mass
> Effect and DESTINY would provide a large universe to create long-lasting
> lines from. I would also love to see a mega bloks line similar in style to
> the Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment line that features iconic vehicles from
> movies and television. Mattel has most of these licenses through other
> channels already (back to the future, ghostbuster etc) , but it's unclear
> if these would transfer to building sets as [competitor] has already made versions
> of these previously. A mega bloks Ecto-I with new articulation mini figs
> would be amazing.
[competitor] versions of the delorion and the ecto-1 were done because they reached 10,000 supporters on [competitor] ideas(formerly cuusoo) which is basically saying they're technically fan-made
As for destiny - no just no, not in a thousand years, no, a game made by traitors doesn't deserve a licence in anything :|
(Warning:AkulA1996 has a hatred for destiny since it was made by Bungie who quit the Halo franchise and therefor labelled as traitors any hate shown in the comments should not be taken seriously). Lol

AkulA1996 wrote:

> [competitor] versions of the delorion and the ecto-1 were done because they reached 10,000
> supporters on [competitor] ideas(formerly cuusoo) which is basically saying they're
> technically fan-made
> As for destiny - no just no, not in a thousand years, no, a game made by traitors
> doesn't deserve a licence in anything :|
> (Warning:AkulA1996 has a hatred for destiny since it was made by Bungie who quit the
> Halo franchise and therefor labelled as traitors any hate shown in the comments
> should not be taken seriously). Lol

While some of the sets [competitor] has put out may be fan-inspired(or suggested), the packaging clearly shows [competitor] as well as the source IP they are based on, so I can guarantee they are officially licensed.

this is why i like mega bloks.
because even though there focus on the MAIN stream of what is pop in video games. the fans of those main streams atleast tell them off the universe of all the characters and vehicles in the games are and they make them.
like for example Halo WARS. Halo Wars has so much veriaty of vehicles and marines. and Mega Bloks got almost all of the vehicles from the franchise.
no one like halo wars. just the fans like me. no one notice these other vehicles and marines. nor cared. it just says Halo. and it sold alot. thats what got me back into [competitor] again was because of Mega Bloks Halo and there articulated Figures.

Call of Duty. the fact that you can put SO MANY Attachments on 1 guy and all the characters from the games and maps and zombies. thats just AWESOME to add all the things from the game to physical form playing toys.
and i dont care for Call of Duty and i like that ALOT. i like the Figures more

TERMINATOR
omg that was Mind Blowing to even see those. its like going back to the 80s and seeing the Box Art of the toys for how cool it looks.
its that Nostalgia i think Mega Bloks should do
they should do some 80s box art like GI Joe style and heck ask Kenner to make bloks off of there toys and other franchises like they did with Transformers. but some soldiers and other Kenner toy brands. just bring back the 80s. the kids wont know they will just see some cool box art toys and say. o *** thats cool! lol

if there that detailed at things like the smallest stuff
then i want to see more games and maybe movie license stuff from them

this is where im starting to think [competitor] is falling behind from. details and Figures.
the Figures in Mega Bloks basicly being Fully articulated Action Figures is a GREAT idea period. i really wish [competitor] could just step up there game in something like this. but then again. i dont want them getting ideas or writing this out in a Mega Bloks forum to affend any employees lol

anyway thats why i want to see some Macross Robotech toys and Mad Max stuff
there so small and detailed. its a cool idea.
same for all the others you guys said like He Man and Destiny and Mass Effect.

matthewilw wrote:
> AkulA1996 wrote:
>
> > [competitor] versions of the delorion and the ecto-1 were done because they reached
> 10,000
> > supporters on [competitor] ideas(formerly cuusoo) which is basically saying they're
> > technically fan-made
> > As for destiny - no just no, not in a thousand years, no, a game made by
> traitors
> > doesn't deserve a licence in anything :|
> > (Warning:AkulA1996 has a hatred for destiny since it was made by Bungie who
> quit the
> > Halo franchise and therefor labelled as traitors any hate shown in the comments
> > should not be taken seriously). Lol
>
>
> While some of the sets [competitor] has put out may be fan-inspired(or suggested), the
> packaging clearly shows [competitor] as well as the source IP they are based on, so I can
> guarantee they are officially licensed.

Theyre only licences as long as they produce the product after that [competitor] has no rights unless say its the exact same design using the exact same bricks in the exact same places. MB is smart enough to use their own designs to achieve the models you want.

I doubt Mega will be able to get the rights to Ghostbusters or Back to the Future since [competitor] will be using both in their Dimensions game and putting out game related sets for them.

Return to “General discussion”