Losing war with price gougers and dedicated suppliers.

Got a question? Ask it here!
Driving me nuts. I hate that we constantly have to pay more than the retail price for most of the sets.

The going rate is almost triple the original price for anything lately. My state doesnt have any GoT heroes, so if I wanted Ned or Tyrion I would have to spill out an extra 10 usd to the 5 It would take. And the new halo heroes 20th pack is a hotzone.

I personally stalked Amazon's listing for its preorder. It posted the product's page on the 4th and I kept it open on my phone and computer and refreshed every day. On a random Friday 2 weeks or so later, I see on reddit people getting the order page flll out. It was sold out in less than an hour, even more so it claims its an Amazon Exclusive and havent heard from MEGA if that is inaccurate or not. Just recently (its been taken down to reports) a Ebay lister had pre order sales for 150USD for a box and he had over 10 available to sell.

Going through different community channels This one seems to be even worse than the Banished Marauder/First issue of Blue Team.

Unfortunately, Mega is limited by being reliant on retailers. If stores don't want to stock certain products, there's nothing Mega can do about it. And retailers can't do much about scalpers scooping everything up.

The main worry isnt exactly the scalpers, but the supply does not = the demand and the overall low morale of getting one.

Everyone has Halo fever, and this is one of the few things I hope to still see purchasable after the new year. As I expressed. mainly people are worried The initial supply will be equal or lower than Blue Team's fireteam pack. Or how the Sgt Johnson in the mechsuit vs the Banished was never really seen outside Mexico stores.

I wish it felt that way Nato, I have spent a lot on Mega and finally started to buy elsewhere from other companies that fulfill their orders. A long time ago on these very forums you will find a post by me mentioning all they had to do was make sure amazon who seemly are willing to carry anything, is stocked enough they had no use in price gouging. I understand walmart refuses to carry a lot of mega products, and the loss of TRU was huge for them. Once TRU fell under in the states it was a perfect time to transition to Amazon since they do not wish to do their own online store. Fact is, in the end between the virus supply problems (not their fault) and Mattel's management of their distribution, I am missing out on a lot of sets I would have paid them money for. That is Business 101 and its been that way for years now. I would have paid retail for all the game of throne sets and frankly bought multiples for personal use going all the way to Euro Amazon to get them.

Of course that series will be canceled for lack of interest soon, even though it is really going to be canceled for lack of availability on their end. I got what I could off Amazon but I am not paying 15 bucks a character for a mini figure.

An interesting video I recently watched talked about the big 2 toy companies and how short runs guaranteeing that demand is higher then supply is currently preferred. So afraid of having stock left over after the run they purposely make that impossible.

That coupled with out of touch upper corporate management, its no wonder they are starting to fall behind counterfeiters. They opened a hole between themselves and their own customers which china slid right in to fill all too easy.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”