Possible self retailer?

Got a question? Ask it here!
As it seems that distribution of products seems to be a problem for some products in your lines, what are the thoughts behind having an online store that you sell your products direct? I am sure I am not the only person or Sheep to ask this. Certain sets seem to be made out of Unobtanium depending on where you are. I am looking at you Banished Marauder and Green Machine. New sets also seem to have this problem. The UNSC Marine Gear pack and UNSC Combat Unit the shopping link on your website can't even find someone selling them.

I am sure there are many who would buy directly from you instead of the insane price hikes on eBay for items not sold in certain areas.

Thank you for your consideration and amazing products.
An Electric Sheep.

Community Team
Hi, ElectricSheep.

You are certainly not the first to ask and it's something we are exploring. I've talked about this before, but it's not as simple as people imagine for a company of our size to open an online store. Our distribution centers are not set up to handle orders to individuals - they are set up to ship large quantities to retailers. Without going into details, there are many logistical challenges that need to be addressed in order for us to be able to offer a satisfactory shopping experience with reasonable shipping delays, etc.

That said, it's not impossible and it is part of our medium-term plans. Too soon to make any promises, but we're working on it.

Would be nice to not pay $30 for three Infinite Marines on eBay.

I want to start a business myself too selling Mega Construx and other items.
The thing is at least here in Germany, if you ask Mattel, they say you can order Mega Construx but they are almost retail price then. In order to have them cheaper Mattel wants you to buy Hotwheels and Barbie toys too.
I have no interest of selling hot Wheels or Barbie. With high buy costs its basicly cheaper just to import Mega Construx from the US and sell it here.
You can do that because a lot items are not for sale here, but there is a demand.
There only a few online shops that sell Mega Construx here and a lot ppl even dont know them.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”