Community Update - 20/08/14

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Community Team
Hey everyone.

There was no update last Friday. While I try to do these every week, I may occasionally skip a Friday if there's not a ton of news or when I have a lot of other things on my plate. I'll try not to make a habit of it.

Today, I wanted to address the big news from 343 this week that you've surely heard by now, which is that Halo Infinite is going to launch in 2021. For now, this should not have any impact on the availability of our Fall 2020 line. We've already seen sets making their way to US stores and some international online stores, and that should continue as planned. The Pelican was delayed a bit due to production schedules being shuffled as a result of COVID-19, but it's due to start shipping soon. Basically, our plans have not changed.

Also wanted to draw attention to our virtual panel at Power Con, which is now available to watch on their official YouTube channel. Our designers Felipe and Kevin talked to moderator Pixel Dan and shared some sneak peeks of next year's MOTU line.

GALLERY HIGHLIGHTS

Okay, there's a lot, but it was really hard to narrow it down. I guess that's what happens when you skip a week.

First, congrats to WhoThCares for his 600th post!!

This custom working catapult by Aresboba is awesome.

Maybe you have to be a certain age to truly appreciate this joke, but it made me laugh. Very clever.

A Covenant Warthog! Looks good in purple.

Love this UNSC base!

There were several interesting custom UNSC vehicles posted, but I decided to showcase this one by ebomb113. "Made from 2 wasps and a variety of green parts." Good job!

GoodWillHunter added lights to his Energy Sword and it looks amazing!

And last but certainly not least, this completely redesigned Castle Grayskull by Old_Bolty-Neck, based on how it was drawn in some of the minicomics. Don't tell the design team, but I almost prefer it to our version. (Almost.) (I'm sorry.)

Hey I made the list nice. Hey I have to ask when will we in the US see the marine gear pack and spartan gear pack as I've only found two sellers in CANADA who are asking ridiculous prices for them ie one seller has the sets for 69.99 plus 16.99 for the two gear packs and the other seller is charging about 190$ for
1x Halo Infinite Building Box
- 1x Halo Infinite UNSC Combat Unit - GRN02
- 1x Halo Infinite Turret Takedown - GRM99
- 1x Halo Infinite Master Chief vs Brute Warrior - GNW38
- 1x Halo Infinite UNSC Marine Gear Pack - GRN08
- 1x Halo Infinite UNSC Spartan Armor Pack - GRN07
Just wanted to know if the other sets would show up at Walmart or somewhere else as these sets aren't at target. Also any idea when the blind bags go out anytime soon?

Just curious, but is there a set schedule for the decision of staff picks? Is it every month? Two months? 5 weeks? No set schedule? Not sure if you know the answer, but I'm just curious. Thanks for the update :)

Community Team
Spartanz19 wrote: Just curious, but is there a set schedule for the decision of staff picks? Is it every month? Two months? 5 weeks? No set schedule? Not sure if you know the answer, but I'm just curious. Thanks for the update :)
I think there's a weekly meeting where the staff review recent projects. But during crunch time on some projects they sometimes have to cancel the meeting if something else takes priority.

Will the 343 delay impact the Halo Winter 2020 (if there is one) or the 2021 sets? I know the current released ones that we know of such as the skiff, defense point showdown, etc are released/releasing. But what about the next line of halo products after the current fall 2020 line? Will it still be Halo Infinite related or will it be other Halo games related?

Ty!

This was a great update. Glad to see Will's firebase highlighted. Thanks for continuing to keep us in the know, Yan!

Community Team
rimsky wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:13 pm
Will the 343 delay impact the Halo Winter 2020 (if there is one) or the 2021 sets? I know the current released ones that we know of such as the skiff, defense point showdown, etc are released/releasing. But what about the next line of halo products after the current fall 2020 line? Will it still be Halo Infinite related or will it be other Halo games related?

Ty!
There are really only two seasons for set releases: Spring and Fall, which in terms of dates more or less equates to first half of the year and second half of the year. We've already announced everything we have planned for Halo in 2020 and none of those sets are getting delayed.

Seeing as we haven't announced anything for 2021 yet, there's no sense in talking about any potential delays. But definitely there are more Halo sets coming in 2021. We'll have announcements for that when the time is right.

Can we get some better pictures of the new alien eggs (these ones: https://unboxed.megaconstrux.com/en-us/ ... s/aliens_7 )?

Yan_MCX wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:35 am
rimsky wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:13 pm

Ty!
There are really only two seasons for set releases: Spring and Fall, which in terms of dates more or less equates to first half of the year and second half of the year. We've already announced everything we have planned for Halo in 2020 and none of those sets are getting delayed.

Seeing as we haven't announced anything for 2021 yet, there's no sense in talking about any potential delays. But definitely there are more Halo sets coming in 2021. We'll have announcements for that when the time is right.
Ok, thank you for the update Yan!

Return to “General discussion”