Already opened Megaconstrux sets from Amazon?

Got a question? Ask it here!
Hello :)

I'm from Germany and I have a little "problem", but I don't know if I'm right here.

Last month I ordered the Castle Grayskull Set via Amazon (sell and ship).
It was shipped in the original brown Megaconstrux box.

When I opened the brown box I noticed that two adhesive strips were glued on top of each other and the lower one was already cut through. So the carton had been opened before.
When I took the set box out, I noticed that all 4 seals had been glued over with new seals as well and that the lower ones had been cut through as well. To be on the safe side I checked the contents for completeness, but could not find any missing or opened plastic bags.

After I reported this fact to Amazon, I was sent a replacement item. This time additionally packed with an Amazon box.
Unfortunately, this article had also been opened at least once (see text above).

My question is now: is the "problem" known? Does Megaconstrux repack the things? Do the dealers or Amazon do that?

Many thanks :)
Greeting Uwe

That sounds like an Amazon problem to me.

Someone has bought the item and returned it telling amazon it is unopened. Then Amazon sells it to you.

Community Team
MEGA doesn't sell previously opened items to retailers. I really don't know what is happening here but it does sound like an issue with the retailer.

At some point, if I recall correctly, there were (few) reports of sets with one box repeated (and one missing), so I'd think that some third party sellers on Amazon decided to check the box contents to avoid most issues down the road.

I did order 3 Castle Grayskull from Amazon. the 1st one came in the brown shipping box sealed.
The other two i ordered later on where bad.
the 2nd one was already opened and resealed, shipper was missing and the whole box where torn at a lot spots.
We call it B-ware over here. Itmes that got sended back. Usually thouse should be not send ot as new for full price.

the 3rd one came without shipper aswell and where bad packed. Shipping box to big, so box got damage.

To bad that Amazon is wasting my time or wants to cheat me.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”