Whats going on with Mega Construx?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Hello everybody,
I made this account to discuss a topic I and probably other people also have, which is bothering me for a few months now.
I dont understand why its so hard to get Mega Construx sets. I am from Germany and no single store is selling them. A few years ago I remember To*s*us still had these for normal prices. I was so happy to see some competition and actual good quality sets to the normal brand everybody knows. Now the only way to get them is via the internet, which are either extremly expensive or rarely available to buy. I checked online stores across the whole EU and US and I see no difference...
I seriously had high hopes with Mega. I was a big fan of the Call of Duty series. I regret deeply not getting more sets when I was younger, but I never thought they would end up like this. I think there is a strong community behind Mega Contrux. The sets are great. Why all the barriers? Why is it so hard to simply sell them to the customers like other brands are doing? I will remain a big fan of Mega, but I am very disappointed how they deal with their customer requests...
Maybe I will live long enough to see them in stores again, maybe not.

Thank you for reading. Have a good day!

I suspect it has to do with the way Mattel handles distribution. I think there are cargo containers full of product,sitting on a pier until shipping becomes available.

Actually Amazon de is listing some sets, but not all.
They have the lately the new MotU and GoT sets listed for preoder but still missing some.
Real de, mytoys de, thalia de, Buecher de and other online stores also carry a few Mega Construx sets.

Locally the Vedes toy shops will carry all the MotU and i guess GoT sets.

The main problem is the distribution from Mattel, i heard you will also need to take Barbie and Hot Wheels stuff to get some Mega Construx Sets.

While i agree that all sets should be up for sale, its also something the shop owner has to decide.

I dont know if i would offer CoD or Halo Sets.

On the other hand if you got a good source, you can make some profit out of it.

I agree! I just don't understand why it's so incredibly difficult for anyone internationally, I know they said they were working on distribution and that's fine, but then at least in the meantime offer the ability to directly ship to consumers using an international store owned by Mega... which they have, but don't sell the majority of products on anyway? I'm not attacking the team or the staff, just voicing my frustrations, why don't they stock any of their own products??

Return to “General discussion”