Rare Mega Discussion Topic

General news and information related to Mega Construx
This is the topic to talk about rare Mega Bloks/Construx figures and sets you own, you used to own, you just purchased, or you are looking for. I know most people (including myself) will probably talk exclusively about Halo Mega stuff, but that shouldn't stop you from talking about much older and rarer products. You can talk about sets that were intentionally rare (like the Halofest Rockethog) or you can talk about sets that were rare because of #ThanksDistribution. Or, you can use this topic to figure out what the rarest set you own is.

Here are a handful of my numerous "rare" sets:

1. The COD pre-buyout troop packs. These sets were only released for a short while with five figures before the later batches were dropped to four figures. Notable examples are the astronauts pack and the COD Ghosts pack.

2. Covenant Strike (the green Troophog). One of the more common "rare" sets, but rare because of two facts: It's hard to find online and it isn't listed as an official set (nor was it listed as an official set on the no longer up halomegabloks website).

3. The magnetic armory set with the orange Spartan, orange EVA, and the Orange ODST armor sets. This set is rare to the point of obscurity.

Talk about your rare sets/figures below:

Angelica’s base figure was Ultra Rare in a blind bag series, but her figure isn’t listed on the Figures page. According to the website, she doesn’t exist.

In all reality, the rarest set I have is probably the Meridian Security Hog. It was cancelled before release on Amazon, and I ended up getting it at GameStop. Every one of these sets was also packaged incorrectly, including duplicates of each figure, wheel, gun, and turret. It also has prototype suspension. It is my favorite hog.

My rarest set has to be the CoD Hovercraft. Only a few other people here have it, and I'm proud of it.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:15 pm
My rarest set has to be the CoD Hovercraft. Only a few other people here have it, and I'm proud of it.
Can it carry the *not* M1 Abrams Tank set, or is that just one of those MCX features rumors like the microships that were supposed to come with the Infinity?

ShlubCustoms wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:30 pm
Spartanz19 wrote:
Can it carry the *not* M1 Abrams Tank set, or is that just one of those MCX features rumors like the microships that were supposed to come with the Infinity?
Well, I've been looking for one of those not Abrams tanks for so long, but to no avail. But you can fit four warthogs, or other warthog sized trucks.

On the subject of pre-buyout figure packs, there were also five-figure Assassin's Creed sets that were later reissued with only four figures. I was fortunate enough to buy some of the five-fig versions.

You can fit 2 of the heavy armor outpost on the hovercraft

Spartanz19 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:49 pm
ShlubCustoms wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:30 pm
Spartanz19 wrote:
Well, I've been looking for one of those not Abrams tanks for so long, but to no avail. But you can fit four warthogs, or other warthog sized trucks.
I was lucky enough to get both the Hovercraft and Abrams for a decent price. The Abrams was used but 100% complete and the Hovercraft was brand new.

Anyway probably the rarest things I’ve got is the complete halo heroes series collection, from 1-11, and yes even series 5.

The set I’ve had the most trouble finding is the Spartan Strike Kestrel Set which was a Walmart exclusive. I haven’t seen one under $150 AUD, when there’s actually a complete/new one listed. Which I don’t want to pay considering I only want the set mainly for the SS Spartan and the ODST.

The two rarest Mega/Mattel things that I have looked for in the past (before giving up in defeat) were the *not* Sherman Tank and the Halo Universe Series 3 ODST.

My rarest sets are probably the Covenant Strike that you mentioned as well as my old King Arthur sets, maybe the Alien Agency Hangar. To be honest, I don't have that many notably rare sets.

Return to “General discussion”