(PSA) Check your local Dollar Stores for Mega.

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I went to one of the forty-thousand local Dollar Generals where in the small town near where I live (it's a Southern thing, OK? There's a Dollar General or seven on every street corner) today and what did I find?

More MCX than I have seen in a store in the past three years combined. Looks like we all have a new place to buy MCX products from a brick and mortar store (oh so important when buying the ODST Squad Ambush sets, because those figures have terrible QC). I picked up a couple of ODST Squad Ambush sets and the Banished Customizer Pack. There were probably ten unique Halo and COD sets, Heroes, and shipping crates with about five or seven duplicates per set max.

Other Dollar Stores in my area have also started carrying Mega, and lots of it. After nearly four years of zero distribution, the floodgates have been opened (pun very much intended).

While I was walking to the register, I saw racks of New Dawn and BFTA blind bags beside the candy bars and beef jerky.

Bottom line, definitely check in all of your local Dollar Stores. You can buy a ton of Mega there. The sets are usually a few cents to a buck more expensive than online, but at least you know your order won't be canceled.

ShlubCustoms wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:10 pm
I went to one of the forty-thousand local Dollar Generals where in the small town near where I live (it's a Southern thing, OK? There's a Dollar General or seven on every street corner) today and what did I find?

More MCX than I have seen in a store in the past three years combined. Looks like we all have a new place to buy MCX products from a brick and mortar store (oh so important when buying the ODST Squad Ambush sets, because those figures have terrible QC). I picked up a couple of ODST Squad Ambush sets and the Banished Customizer Pack. There were probably ten unique Halo and COD sets, Heroes, and shipping crates with about five or seven duplicates per set max.

Other Dollar Stores in my area have also started carrying Mega, and lots of it. After nearly four years of zero distribution, the floodgates have been opened (pun very much intended).

While I was walking to the register, I saw racks of New Dawn and BFTA blind bags beside the candy bars and beef jerky.

Bottom line, definitely check in all of your local Dollar Stores. You can buy a ton of Mega there. The sets are usually a few cents to a buck more expensive than online, but at least you know your order won't be canceled.
Ok, good to know!

I’VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL THIS TO PEOPLE FOR MONTHS

nigelninja11 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:13 pm
Well, MCX just recently showed up in my area, so . . .

Unfortunate that Euro stores don't exist.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:13 pm
Oh yeah ok lets just ignore me saying anything about DG in the past

Dollar General has been known since summer 2018 if not earlier.

I can confirm, as I do seen some smaller-scale MCX sets, like the Halo UNSC Hornet Blitz, the Halo Banished Ghost Rush, the CoD Snowmobile Scout, and the Halo Woodland Gungoose, in a local DD's Discounts in bay area California. Not much at a local DG, as there was only a few MCX sets, both Halo and CoD.

OneShotW1z wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:00 pm
I can confirm, as I do seen some smaller-scale MCX sets, like the Halo UNSC Hornet Blitz, the Halo Banished Ghost Rush, the CoD Snowmobile Scout, and the Halo Woodland Gungoose, in a local DD's Discounts in bay area California. Not much at a local DG, as there was only a few MCX sets, both Halo and CoD.
Necro...

I can confirm that Dollar General has several of the HALO and COD Mega Construx sets. Tuesday Morning had some sets, but no HALO sets that I could find. I will check out the local DD's Discounts. Hopefully they will have some of the sets that I haven't found so far. Target is a pretty good place to find a few random Heroes sets, and Pokémon.

Any other locations in California that I should look into?

Return to “General discussion”