Talk About Nostalgic MCX Stuff Here

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Remember when it was called Mega Bloks?

Anyone remember the Squad 45 series? It's a shame that we never got to see part 5. Those stop motions would have made for good TV commercials, as well. It would be cool to see something like that from MCX.

Also, anyone sort of miss the stop motion contests? I'm not talking about the epic 1st prize (one-two copies of every set released in the wave corresponding to the contest date and a gold brick-built trophy), but the actual massive community involvement behind everyone posting and voting on stop motions. I wonder why it went away.

Full Squad 45 videos are on YT.

My first figures were 2 Hayabusas and 2 marines. I knew nothing of Halo, and Hayabusa helmet looked strange to me, so I concluded that they were evil. They would fight the marines, and the marines would always win.

Then I watched Squad 45 and realized my blunder.

I found Squad 45 browsing competitor stop motions (if i recall). I loved them.

My first set was the Snowbound 4 pack. I lived those figs, and like Nigel, I knew nothing of Halo besides it being a game on my dad's phone. Through the years I've watched Halo videos and learned lore from this site.

Man, those figs were awesome. The blue spartan's hand broke, thus I switched them out to flesh colored. I sharpied my Needler. I also realised my figs almost all have broken hands.

*ahem* Back in my day, figures were barely articulated, the hands broke easily, and they came in these gorgeous metal tins. That's right, I'm talking about the old Dragons line, where the aesthetics were amazing and the figure quality. Well. The aesthetics were amazing.

I think my first Halo set was an original Mongoose. I used to collect the old Halo waves. There was another board that we used to do image contests on. Ah, those were the days, I had my old articulation Elites in a band for a contest.

I forgot about the Dragons line when I made this topic. I collected so many of those sets around 2004/2005. I wish I had kept a few of them. I wish I had kept my Pyrates sets too.

Many years ago I remember that there was a line of Mega bloks plasma dinosaurs, I got to have the Styracosaurus and I never knew it was from Mega bloks until I found the cardboard set a year ago. I don't remember what year they were but I got to see them long before I'd met Halo mega bloks.

back in my day their was this thing called dragons fire and ice

HALx-10 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:22 am

Some of my first Mega sets were from the 2002ish Dragons line.

HALx-10 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:22 am
Ok Boomer

jk

I remember having little in the way of covenant so I'd add [competitor] starwars droids etc to bolster the ranks.

Also some fragile and colorful towers

Return to “General discussion”