Army Builder Topic

General news and information related to Mega Construx
This is the topic to discuss Army Building. Feel free to share tips (like where to get massable figures), share ideas for displays, talk about GAMS (Green Army Man Syndrome), Etc. Also talk about the figures you have army built with. I would prefer to stick to talking about Army Building with official figures here, but you can talk about knockoffs if that's your method for Army Building.

Personally, I have Army Built with all things Marine and ODST. I probably have more Marines & ODSTs on display than Spartans, and of the two small displays on my computer desk, one is literally just Marines and ODSTs with some cover.

I have also passively Army Built super-articulated Elites and Brutes, although not of any specific armor type.

I also have more Drones than is realistically necessary for any display I could think of.

Here is my tip for Army Building H3 Style Marines (it's a bit dated): Ignore the Marine Defense pack (maybe pick up one or two) and just mass buy New Dawn packs. If stores still have them locally, you can easily and cheaply get up to five Marines in a box of packs (three if you want to be nice and leave some for somebody else).

If you want to Army Build with ODSTs, it's a bit more expensive. However, the cheapest and best way to do it (if you want to keep a cohesive color scheme going) is to buy up Operation Bronze Cobra Drop Pods and ODST Squad Ambush sets on Amazon. You can buy these sets basically direct from Mattel at or below MSRP right now. Fair word of warning though, the Drop Pod ODSTs use a pale silver for their secondary color instead of the pale gray used by the ODSTs in the Squad Ambush set. The figures still feel cohesive, though, because one of the Squad Ambush ODSTs uses the same silver for the targeting unit on his helmet. The included weapons are kind of eh, though, so be sure to have enough spare weapons to replace the included ones.

You can also pick up Marine Customizer packs fairly cheaply, despite the age of the sets. The included accessories are actually pretty useful for the desert ODSTs you just Army Built. LOL.

The best way to Army Build Drones is to do nothing after you get around three of them. The Drones will multiply through some strange quirk of quantum mechanics and the Banach-Tarski Paradox until you have dozens of them stuffed in literally every desk drawer, tote, and box in your house. There is no escaping the MCX Drone figure infinite quantum indeterminacy induced Banach-Tarski self replication outside of quarantining all of them into a single tote and setting something heavy on top of the lid. They won't be able to get out and, when the tote is full of Drones, will have to quit replicating or risk becoming a singularity. Obviously, I'm joking here; but you basically don't have to do anything to collect Drones buy by sets like you normally would. Without intending to collect Drone figures, I probably have around 20 of them.

Uh oh, I have three drones. I guess one could say...

This is where the fun begins

Blind bags are everyone’s friend when it comes to massing. Especially now. Personally my most massed individual figure would be the Delta Series Marine which I have 39 total.

My most massed figs are Ark and Yankee marines. I have three Yankee squads and something like 7 Challenger bag figs.

I believe I have about 9 of the desert odst pods.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:34 pm
I believe I have about 9 of the desert odst pods.
Whoa..

I have 4 and one if the ODST squad ambush sets

odst are rarely displayed in action poses because of leg pads being too bulky; imo

HALx-10 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:14 am
odst are rarely displayed in action poses because of leg pads being too bulky; imo
I have never really had a problem with the ODST upper leg armor getting in the way of mobility. Maybe the armor isn't snugged against the little peg above the knee completely on your figure. You really just have to watch and slightly move the legs to get around the little pouches on the belt. You can get ODSTs into pretty much any pose you can think of if you take long enough.

After I finish building the two Nuketown houses, I'll post a topic with some ODSTs in various poses.

Recently got some more New Dawn marines, and a third marine defense. I now proudly own 12 barely customized New Dawn marines, which I have changed the race on a fig to be more diverse. I have 14 marines total, (2 custom), 2 pilots.

Some of them have squad symbols. They fit perfectly with the tank.

I have a question Shlub. When Season 2 starts, are you gonna paint or wash the Designer series tank?

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:52 pm
When Season 2 starts, are you gonna paint or wash the Designer series tank?
I'm not planning on it, but I do have a ton of 405th vehicles I have to paint. I'm also going to try to build another 405th Spade today.

Also, Season 2 started with the Halo 3 Marine Revamp project. I saw the awesome Marines @WhoThCares made, and I had to make some too. After, the Marines are finished, I'm going to paint my nine desert ODSTs, followed by everything else I have to paint. I'm kind of dreading the vehicles, because they take a ton of effort.

Return to “General discussion”