Inside the MCX Design Center

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Cinimod64 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:31 pm
Kevin. Are the new marines using CoD parts? Cause that would mean they're bigger than regular Halo figs, ie Master Chief, wich kinda sucks. They look really cool, in fact, they're kinda perfect(except for possibly the size). But I would prefer they're the same size at chief instead of being taller than him.
Master Chief:

Marine: I’m taller than you expected.

I'm going to be brutally honest here - does it really matter if the marines end up a centimetre taller than Chief as opposed to being his exact height? None of the figs have ever been to perfect canon scale, and I see plenty of people here mixing CoD and Halo parts anyway (myself included).

If it's such an issue for displays or whatever, just make the marines slouch, crouch, or sit in vehicles, and have the Chief stand straight.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:00 pm
I'm going to be brutally honest here - does it really matter if the marines end up a centimetre taller than Chief as opposed to being his exact height? None of the figs have ever been to perfect canon scale, and I see plenty of people here mixing CoD and Halo parts anyway (myself included).

If it's such an issue for displays or whatever, just make the marines slouch, crouch, or sit in vehicles, and have the Chief stand straight.
YES IT MATTERS

(JK I'm just a bit disappointed. However, I normally upgrade my Spartans to COD scale, so it won't be too bad)

I have literally zero CoD sets. I’m interested in them though. Any advice where to start? I just want figures for wasteland mostly

SrgtGreen wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:27 am
I have literally zero CoD sets. I’m interested in them though. Any advice where to start? I just want figures for wasteland mostly
Start with a singular vehicle set, even if it’s small. In gamer terms, they are your starter packs. Then bolster with multi and single figure packs. They are the booster packs.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:00 pm

Seeing as I don't have CoD parts to use to make 'em bigger, I'd like them to be the same size.

Can I do some "magic" and make it look like they're smaller than chief? yes, but sometimes it takes away from the picture. Like if I want to show Chief standing next to some marines, maybe in a salute, i'd need to make chief stand on something for the pic and then cut off the legs in editing. I'd prefer not to have to do that.

It's really the same way marines are the same size as brutes and elites. When the later would tower over them if to proper scale. Same with cheif.

Kevin_MCX wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:48 am
Green_Goddess wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:54 pm
Battle Ram with Triklops' and Mek-A-Nek? YES!!!

Will Triklops' eyepiece spin?

Any chance of a flocked Panthor?

Are we still getting a minicomic Price Adam with a black Power Sword on a Sky Sled too?
Tri-Klops will have his spinning eyepiece. He and Mekaneck are still being worked on, but the design team wants to incorporate as many of the original MOTU figures features as possible into our versions. within the limitations of thesmall size of our figures.

Mini-comic Prince Adam is without a home for the moment, but we will work to find a new place for him in the line at some point.
I know this is going to be a long shot, but is there any plans for an Anti-Eternia He-Man or blonde Teela? My painting/customizing skills are weak, and if I don't have to try and repaint on my own, that would be fantastic! 😉

Toy Designer
BrickIntyre wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:02 pm
Kevin_MCX wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:48 am
Green_Goddess wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:54 pm
Battle Ram with Triklops' and Mek-A-Nek? YES!!!

Will Triklops' eyepiece spin?

Any chance of a flocked Panthor?

Are we still getting a minicomic Price Adam with a black Power Sword on a Sky Sled too?
Tri-Klops will have his spinning eyepiece. He and Mekaneck are still being worked on, but the design team wants to incorporate as many of the original MOTU figures features as possible into our versions. within the limitations of thesmall size of our figures.

Mini-comic Prince Adam is without a home for the moment, but we will work to find a new place for him in the line at some point.
I know this is going to be a long shot, but is there any plans for an Anti-Eternia He-Man or blonde Teela? My painting/customizing skills are weak, and if I don't have to try and repaint on my own, that would be fantastic! 😉
We are still planning out 2021 and beyond. We try to keep core characters like Teela in the line so that new fans can jump into the line easily. We also try to offer up new characters to collect. Since the line is small and growing, We try to balance repaints with new figures. All that to say that we keep everything on the table for MOTU.

Toy Designer

Here it is, the new Halo Assault Rifle that will be included in several upcoming sets. It is scaled with our most recent Halo rifles. It is compatible with muzzle flashes and special effects. It also features our attachment rail system. The ammo counter is removable and can be replaced with scopes and other attachments that have been released recently. It will be included in several upcoming Fall 2020 sets.

Return to “General discussion”