Customs/Return of "Mega-Verse: Outland"

Tell your own story!
Hey guys! In case the title didn't make it make it clear, the recent post showing of some customs I've made is for Mega-Verse: Outland, which will probably have a name change. I'll talk more about why the series is coming back, but first...

LORE

Arbiter Thasan 'Katan: While merely a major when the Human/Covenant War ended, 'Katan wasn't satisfied. Many of his brothers died fighting the humans, and he felt that the body toll needed to be rectified. Along with a contingent of like-minded elites, he set off into the deeper reaches of space, attacking UNSC bases and slaughter any soldiers he came across.

Major Cerbeius: After the end of the war, Cerbeius also left the remaining Covenant in search of the legendary faction known as, "The Harvesters". After months of searching, he found them, and after proving his worth by defeating the former Harvester Major in combat, claimed his place in their ranks.

Cara O'Riley: Born and raised on Mars, Cara's father was killed after exposing a corrupt UNSC officer to ONI. Instead of assisting her family and prosecuting the officer properly, ONI swept it all under the rug and payed off Cara's mother. Cara ran away from home shortly after, eventually running into Stephan Grey, who introduced her to the insurrectionist faction that eventually appeared during the Battle of Antares.

Stephan Grey: A former marine, Gray witnessed the horrors that abuse of power from his superiors inflicted on the planet and people of Stratus-VI. After going vigilante and killing off the corrupt members of his squad, he left the planet, looking for a way to help people. He joined up with the insurrectionists, but over time, his faith in the morals has begun to crumble...

Ilyn Freeman: (@NatoGreavesy)

Nigel Hoffman: A sniper for the 115th Recon battalion, Nigel and his spotter were deployed on Antares to scout out a Covenant encampment. However, they were spotted on there way there, and were attacked. Nigel's partner sacrificed herself so that he could escape, allowing his to hide out in Antares's mountain range. After that, Nigel remained in the area, waiting for reinforcements to arrive... but nobody came.

Megapand25: A fallen Constructor, Mega's past is shrouded in death and despair. Despite his dark past, Mega is one to help all whoever he can, hoping to atone for his past sins. After encountering the Joe Films of the Antares Universe, he agrees to attempt and save those who remain on the desolate planet of Antares. Easier said then done, of course.

A.D.A: A.D.A., or the Automated Defense Algorithm, is an A.I. designed by an ONI scientist. She was deployed to Antares alongside a Spartan in an attempt to find weak points in the Banished forces. Despite being a synthetic being, A.D.A. acts quite human, cracking jokes and insisting all she meet become her "friends".

Spartan Thorne: An experienced Headhunter, Thorne was deployed alongside A.D.A. to protect the A.I. as she probed the enemy's defenses. Thorne is a rule following soldier, no-nonsense and generally very stoic.

Joe Wick: A soldier who had fallen on the fields of Antares, Joe was given a second chance at life, and found a gateway back to his world alongside Mega. He will do all that he must to save his friends, whatever it takes.

Richard Winters: (@JoeFilms)

Able Stafford: A pilot of impressive skill, Stafford was Rob's instructor when he was a recruit in the UNSC. While he acted harsh and often punished Rob for failures, he cared greatly for the solder, and shaped him into a fine pilot, eventually calling him a friend. Years later, Stafford's pelican was shot down on Antares, and with the rest of his crew dead, he was left to travel to harsh landscape alone.

Robowarrior256: The dorky pilot of Olive squad, know for his loyalty to both the UNSC and his friends. Also, he's almost died 7 times. 7 Dear Gods, how, Nato? HOW?!

Jim Branson and Carlos Giuseppe: (@NatoGreavesy)

ODST Squad Hellfire: ONI's last resort, Hellfire is a team of deadly ODSTs, skilled in almost every form of combat. There's Coulson, the hacker. Cross, the sniper. Will, the leader. And finally, Scorch, the new guy. Their mission: Find the location of the all the Covenant, Banished, and Harvest leader's, and take them out. Their squad has preformed over 80 missions … and hasn't failed yet.

Well, that's enough lore for now. Also, is your name is in (@), that means that YOU are in charge of that character's story! After all, they are your characters. Now, onto WHY I'm doing this.

I mainly starting up Mega-Verse: Outland once again because...I enjoy it. It's a story I can commit to, and that I actually have a story for. Action, drama, betrayal, romance. The whole nine yards. And I never got to use it.

I made several mistakes is my original presentation of this story. First, I never really clarified that while I wanted it to be a part of the Mega-Verse, that didn't mean it was part of it's world. Let me elaborate. As @JoeFilms has pointed out in the past, dear old Winters has talked about alternate realities, or as I would use it, The Multiverse. Every action causes a new world to form, so on and so forth. So, why not make a story out of one of these alternate timelines? One based in the Antares lore, but not actually part of the original story?

The other mistake I made was... a spelling one :P

A stupid mistake as ever there was one, I accidently refered to one of the character's as a "Comic" entity, when I meant "COSMIC". Because of my blunder, the story seemed a little to out of the realm of the Mega-Verse, and was kinda pushed to the side. Not rudely, of course, you were gracious as ever in your decision. However, I feel my blunder may have ruined an opportunity for something special. So, here we are. A fresh start.

I hope you've enjoyed to lore, and I hope you'll enjoy the series once it get into swing. Goodnight, everyone. And thank you for your time.

Great to see you getting back into the swing of things, Megapand.

Megapand25 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:29 am
Robowarrior256: Also, he's almost died 7 times. 7 Dear Gods, how, Nato? HOW?!
Well... uh... it started off as a bit of an attempt to ramp up tension, and establish a rivalry between him and Vex, but it's kind of become a running joke at this point.

Megapand25 wrote:
First, I never really clarified that while I wanted it to be a part of the Mega-Verse, that didn't mean it was part of it's world. Let me elaborate. As @JoeFilms has pointed out in the past, dear old Winters has talked about alternate realities, or as I would use it, The Multiverse. Every action causes a new world to form, so on and so forth. So, why not make a story out of one of these alternate timelines? One based in the Antares lore, but not actually part of the original story?
Multiverse theory is a concept we've played around with in the Mega-Verse before. Eg. Winters has traveled between dimensions, and the evil/red Carlos that's featured in my comics is from another alternate reality.

However... what makes a Mega-Verse comic a Mega-Verse comic is the fact that it takes place in that shared continuity. Mega-Verse is essentially the name of the dimension/reality that all of the comics take place in (we also sometimes refer to it as the Homerealm to avoid confusion in our behind-the-scenes discussions). Technically, any comic on the gallery could be part of the same multiverse, but that wouldn't make them all Mega-Verse comics, if that makes sense.

That said, what you're describing here is a bit of a special case, since it borrows heavily from Mega-Verse characters and lore, so I'll have a chat with the rest of the team.

Megapand25 wrote:
So, here we are. A fresh start.
I'm looking forward to it. If you want to have a chat about plot/character details from the main Mega-Verse comics, or anything else, ask away. I'll answer what I can.

I would have probably missed this if not for Nato. (Thanks man ;D) I remeber reading the original ol comic that you did a (few?) Year(s) ago. It wasn't the best but it was fun. Really enjoyed tbe characters differences and twists on them. With that, you've really improved with your battlecorpse comics ive been thoroughly enjoying them myself. So I'm all for it.

We will see what the others have to say. In the meantime same as Nato. Any question, ask away.

I'll read this after school.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”