YouTubers thread

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Murple wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:09 am
Hey guys, I heard about something to do with YouTube and content being deleted for not being kid friendly or something. Are you worried your channel is gonna be hit? I don’t know all the details about this.
Yes COPPA as of Dec 9 will be enforced

Unless we fight back, the government is open to our opinions so sign a petition and hope for the best

I think the best option is to not fight it. Ultimately, MCX is a kids' toy. As much as I hate saying that it's a toy or aimed at children, that's the facts. Because MCX is a children's product, videos that contain it should therefor be aimed at kids.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer nor am I in the legal business, this is just my take from cross-referencing different videos on the subject and I have come to this conclusion myself. I have marked all my videos as being aimed at kids, however it is up to you as to what your gonna do.

charliebucket wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:23 pm
I think the best option is to not fight it. Ultimately, MCX is a kids' toy. As much as I hate saying that it's a toy or aimed at children, that's the facts. Because MCX is a children's product, videos that contain it should therefor be aimed at kids.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer nor am I in the legal business, this is just my take from cross-referencing different videos on the subject and I have come to this conclusion myself. I have marked all my videos as being aimed at kids, however it is up to you as to what your gonna do.
I would be fine with this if putting it as "For Kids" wasn't planned to remove comments from videos. If I didn't want feedback or reactions to my animations, I wouldn't post them. Plus, my analytics literally say my demographic is 18-24 at 100%.

Better than being sued $40,000 USD I guess. But the whole no comments thing seems a bit extreme. I'd expect that they'd amend it.

Eh, in terms of COPPA we’re all screwed.

Until they realize just how much the law ruins, when they give us the internet back.

Ah yes, people panicking whilst I'm just here with enough common sense to know that American law can't apply to me through international rights, and that they can try to sue, but I do not recommend that in France...

Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:26 am
Ah yes, people panicking whilst I'm just here with enough common sense to know that American law can't apply to me through international rights, and that they can try to sue, but I do not recommend that in France...
YouTube is an American company, thus meaning that you have to abide by COPPA. And that means that you can be fined for any violations just like the rest of us.

But as I said, don’t sweat it. Even if COPPA goes through, it won’t stay for long.

JoeFilms wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:38 am
Survivor11 wrote:
YouTube is an American company, thus meaning that you have to abide by COPPA. And that means that you can be fined for any violations just like the rest of us.

But as I said, don’t sweat it. Even if COPPA goes through, it won’t stay for long.
That's where you're wrong.

As far as I can remember, you don't get fined for owning a Famas, a HK, or any other European gun in America...
Despite it being completely illegal for civilians in Europe.
Using your logic, European countries could fine American citizens for owning European manufactured weapons.

Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:12 am
JoeFilms wrote:
Survivor11 wrote:

As far as I can remember, you don't get fined for owning a Famas, a HK, or any other European gun in America...
Using your logic, European countries could fine American citizens for owning European manufactured weapons.
What? That's not what he was saying.

Simek4 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:42 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:12 am
JoeFilms wrote:

What? That's not what he was saying.
Yeah, guns are incredibly different from entertainment platforms.

Return to “General discussion”