Those full of buttery dreams,
Came the people of the ancients,
To prove that life,
Is worth being ripe.

And birthed from horse and man,
Those that come forth with pride,
To sell their goods and trade,
Those riches that make us jealous,
For we itch to touch them with our hands.
- Sarcaphel, poet of Men,
The 4 races of good.

In the beginning, there were but the ancients, great beings of strange power.
They came to the land of Ù Daruh, that which was enthralled in magic.
Ù Daruh was barren with no life, but still the well of their power.
And they harnessed their powers to create and to give life to the womb of the earth.
From the southern mountain's core, they birthed Ek Dwakar, the race of Dwarfs, rugged and hardworking.
In the sprawling plains, came Ek Carbellio, the race of Centaurs, whose traits were that of horses and what would later be known as men.
And in the forests, created were the Ek Elfekar, the race of Elfs, pure and slow agers, although not immortal.
But then, Thunramar, the youngest of the ancients, was infected with the need to create another race.
The other ancients opposed themselves to this idea, reasoning that three great races was enough, but he fled their counsel, into the barren, northern peaks, where no amount of sunlight could make trees grow.
Their, he sculpted the Ek Elfekar Earterri, the race of the earth elves, he made them the purest of them all, the strongest of them all, and did everything to make them as perfect as he could.
But another ancient, Ortegratoki, found his secret race. And to spite Thunramar, he made them dark, as dark as the blackest of nights, then made their eyes as green as green could be, but he could not destroy the purity of their spirit.
When Thunramar came to check on his creations, he found them to be everything in his image, except for the dark, dark skin and the green, green eyes they had.
It saddened him greatly to see them made to the image of evil, but he knew that he could prevent their further demise, if he hid them even more.
And so the Earth Elves built huge cities in the center of the mountains, where none would ever see them...
Thunramar's daring inspired Orthgratoki though, and so he made another race too.
A race that he called Ek Hombsapsiensis, the race of Men, whose curiosity and perseverance would be unrivalled.
He made them in all shapes and sizes, for he could not decide which he liked best.
However, the other Ancients found out, and banished his race to a land far away, so far that it was separated by an Ocean of unparalleled might.
Struck by anger, he made another race, a race so vile, so evil it could not be stomached to look at them for long, without feeling uneasy. He hid them in the north, so, so far in fact, that none would ever be able to meet them. He called them Ek revgenare, the race of revenge, the race of the Dragons, who would destroy all in their path if freed. Unfortunately, they were attracted to the smell of precious ores...
However, the other ancients found out about them too, yet they could not find them.
In their frustration, they cast Ortegratoki into the depths of Ù Helerthao's fires, so that he may be burnt for eternity.
In an attempt to save himself, he revealed that Thunramar had created a race too, and so Thunramar was banished to forever groan in the sky, over the mountains of the race he has made, and in his anger he cried, and his tears fell to the earth.
Yet, the cold was so strong that they turned into snow, and so he cried and cried, and it snowed, and as he cried his anger would lash out as lightning bolts, and the storm would continue.
Thunramar was so angry, and so sad, that he could not stop crying and he could not stop lashing out, and so he does to this day, as the storm over the northern mountain never ends.
The other ancients, knowing their work to be done, then fell asleep for eternity, so tired were they from the events that unfolded.

But the race of men were not to be underestimated, and so they came in ships of wood, pillaging villages on the coast.
Finally they settled down to farm and fish, ever expanding.
They chased the centaurs away from the plains and into the deserts, then burnt the elve's forests down.
Then they came across the dwarves, enslaving them to mine and craft, for men knew not how to make their shiny gems.
They made themselves the masters of Ù Daruh, calling it Laoflif in their language.
The indigenous species would tell them stories of the Ek Elfekar Earterri and the Ek Revgenare in the north, but men paid no heed to the warnings, and named them Legends.

That was the mythology for the RP.

This RP will be a bit like a MMO RPG, with bosses and whatnot.

Here are the rules:

1- No new races, use the pre-existing ones. You can suggest new races if you give me all the details, but I get the final say in adding them.
2- I'll list the races that anyone can use, but there will be a couple that will need special permission, because they're OP.
3- If I tell you the character you created is OP, then they're OP and I'll tell you which aspects need to be nerfed about them.
4- If two characters fight, I want it to be collaborative, which is to say, find a way to tell each other who's going to win, without necessarily spoiling it for others.
5- I'll announce a dragon attack when they happen.
6- I'm not a big fan for this format, but it's kind of necessary: You must make a character card, and I'll show you how in just a moment...
7- You are allowed to make more than one character.

Regular Races:
-Mankind (average lifespan: 70 years)
|->Mages (ask Rogue, he created them)
-Elves (average lifespan: 500 years)
-Dwarves (average lifespan: 300 years)
-Centaurs (average lifespan: 90 years)

Special races:

-Earth Elves (average lifespan: 600 years)
-Dragons (average lifespan: 2000 years)

NPC only races (these are baddies for you to kill in dungeons and raids).

-Orcs
-Goblins
-Trolls
-Hole dwellers
-The pillager men of Ù Dayekah, the land of the east.
-Skeletons
-Zombies
-Hellspawn

Some of the bosses (you can create your own too):

-Necromancers
-Orc Kings
-Dark Goblins
-Demons

Ultimate Bosses (I'll make these as I go):

-Orthgratoki

Character Card format:

(This is one of my characters, that I'll use as an example)

Name: Lietni Thunramarakine
(Lightning, Son of Thunramar, a title used by the earth elves)

Race: El Elfekar Earterri (Earth elf)

Job (optional): Guard Corporal.

Face: Void black with lime green eyes similar to that of felines, pointy ears, and a mouth that resembles that of a human.

Civilian clothes (whatever you want them to be so long as they're medieval or before):

Long sleeved cyan tunic with some brown leather pants, and light brown leather shoes.

Backstory (keep it short): Actually son of Stearmeon (Storm) and Nievsno (snow).
Joined the guard at 110 years old.

Abilities (1= minimum, 10= Maximum, and the other numbers in between are pretty self explanatory, you get 1 point you can assign to any skill at the start).

Strength: 2
Intelligence: 1
Magic: 1 (upgrades aura capacity by 10 per point)
Swordfighting: 1
Sociability: 1
Stamina: 1

(Keep in mind that I will tell you when you can add a point to a skill once you start Role-playing)

Aura (required to use magic, starts at a capacity of 10)

Health (add 10 every time you gain a level, but start at 100)

Damage Dealt (starts at 10): 15

You deal 5 more damage every time you add a point to strength.
You deal 10 more damage every time you add a point to Swordfighting.

How do you get Ability points?

By getting "XP". We all start at level 1.
The maximum level is 60, where you will logically have gotten all 60 points, so you have 59 levels to gain.
To gain XP, fight bosses, or partake in a Dragon defense (I will periodically announce when a dragon attack happens to a city).

Aside from all that, the Earth Elf capital is Temploricathunra, and the Human one is Helloffen.
Any other towns can be created and named by anyone, but do keep it sensible.
You can also create custom armour sets, but you'll need intelligence 4 and strength 6, up to that point, use those that I will list below... Strength is also required to wear certain armour sets.

If you want to raid a dungeon, ask me to write one for you, although you can suggest what you want to be in it.

If enough people join, I may implement a Guild system for the RP, where you can form your own factions.
But only if enough people join.

Armour sets (Protection is on a scale of 1-10, every protection point reduces enemy damage to you by 5, it also stacks):

Chainmail Requires Strength 1

Chainmail Chest plate: Protection 2

Chainmail Leggings: Protection 3

Legionnaire Requires Strength 2

Legionnaire helmet: Protection 2

Legionnaire chest plate: Protection 3

Legionnaire leggings: Protection 2

Legionnaire boots: Protection 1

Crusader Requires strength 3

Crusader helmet: Protection 4

Crusader chest plate: Protection 5

Crusader leggings: Protection 3

Crusader Boots: Protection 2

Mage Requires Strength 2 but also Magic 3

Mage gown: Protection 4
+10 aura gain per second.

Custom (whatever you want it to be, but if it's OP I'll ask you to nerf it a little) Requires Strength 4 but also Intelligence 6

You can buy armour parts at smithies for whatever price you want to make it (be reasonable, I'll ask you to pay more if I deem the price too cheap) or get them as rewards for defeating a boss, another user, or a dungeon.

You can sell an armour part for 50 gold a piece, but you get a 50 gold bonus if you sell a full set to a trader.
You can also buy food and medicine to heal up at a trader, as well as selling it too.

You can create your own NPCs to chat with or get quests from.
You can invent your own quests, but if you're out of ideas, I don't mind creating one for you.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them below.

Edit: I forgot to mention gold is the currency and its earned through completing task, trading, leveling up, and defeating Bosses, users, Dungeons, and partaking in a Dragon Defense.

Edit 2: I may have also forgotten current faction allegiances and the time period.

This takes place about 1000 years after the events I described in mythology.

The dwarves are a slave race and hate men.

The Centaurs are not that friendly with the Humans, but they still trade horse pelts and leather because they farm horses in their deserts (keep in mind a desert is not necessarily made of sand dunes).

The Elves and the Centaurs are allied, and the Elves are pretty annoyed at the Humans for burning and cutting down their trees.

Humans are the masters of the dwarves, and they have an uneasy relationship with everyone else.

The Earth Elves are allied with the Elves, but are not really against humans, at least, as long as they stay out of the mountains...

Dragons hate everyone.

Edit 3: Dice Rules

Each task is linked with a certain skill level. For example, any physical altercation would fall under strength, deciphering or solving a puzzle would fall under intelligence, spells falls under magic, fights with close ranged weapons fall under sword fighting, interrogation and other forms of intelligence gathering fall under sociability, and fighting with long ranged weapons or feats of great agility fall under stamina.

You start with one dice for all skill rolls. Every point you add gives you one more die.

If you roll a 1 or 2, that is considered a failure. 3 or above is a success. If you roll a 6 then you have a critical success, and you roll that dice again, stacking the score (example: I roll a 6, then roll that again and get a 5. That’s two successes.) You must get at least two successes to accomplish a feat. This makes it very difficult for you to accomplish a feat that you only have 1 point in.

Every 2 successes is a raise, (your feat is accomplished with bonuses):

2 = Success
4 = One Raise (One bonus)
8 = Two Raises (Two bonuses) etc.

-Credit to Nigelninja11 for this system.

Thats a mouthful wow

I figured this was going to be more RP than MMO or DnD but cool I'll think about how I want to do this.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:18 am
Thats a mouthful wow

I figured this was going to be more RP than MMO or DnD but cool I'll think about how I want to do this.
Well, I mean, it's still an RP.
The users create their characters and make a story.
But it's an RP with character progression.

Worked on this while in Chipotle xD

Card

Name: Owenth Lifus

Race: Ek Elfekar (Elves)

Job: Hunter and Guard Captain

Face: Pointed ears, black short hair, pointed chin, green eyes, short black eye brows.

Clothes: White and Brown Tunic, Light Tan long Leggings, brown shoes.

Backstory: Was a strong child, as well as a great strategist. Became hunter at age 30, and joined guard at 50.

Abilities:

Strength: 2
Intelligence: 1
Magic: 1
Swordfighting: 1
Sociability: 1
Stamina: 1

Health: 100

Damage Dealt: 20

Home Village: Natif Oruni

Ceta, I may not have been clear about the point system...

You only get one point you can assign.
You need to choose one ability to be a 2 and the rest need to be 1.

Well. This is interesting. I'd say I was interested in trying, but I can't keep up on Role Plays anymore. Im not active enough.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:27 pm
Well. This is interesting. I'd say I was interested in trying, but I can't keep up on Role Plays anymore. Im not active enough.
It's a shame, but you do you.

Wow heaps of lore, man! I'll have a read later.

charliebucket wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:49 pm
Wow heaps of lore, man! I'll have a read later.
I agree here. I see that you've put a ton of thought into this. I may see if I can join, but I'll probably just read it like I do the Imperial Campaign.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”