Why so mad?

nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:14 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 2:00 pm
>:(
Why so mad?
Yea, why?

Because that skit is a almost a literal copy of my one.
So yeah.
I'm still mad.

Survivor11 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:26 am
So yeah.
I'm still mad.
Literal copy? Ho ho ho, that's rich. Does this skit involve your marriage counseling? A desk? A talk show? Did your skit have someone suggesting a dance party? Was there any mention of a Mood Freshener in your skit? The layout and story are different except for the idea that Joe and Diesel are a couple that probably shouldn't have gotten married in the first place! But whatever, continue to grumble about "copying" and "plagiarism" where it doesn't exist. Separate ideas, different stories, with one or two similarities. That's not an "exact copy" in the slightest. With that argument, I could say you plagiarized LNwKP. I won't, because that argument is flawed.

Am I in your skit?

That’s what I thought...

RedThree wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:49 am
Survivor11 wrote:
So yeah.
I'm still mad.
Literal copy? Ho ho ho, that's rich. Does this skit involve your marriage counseling? A desk? A talk show? Did your skit have someone suggesting a dance party? Was there any mention of a Mood Freshener in your skit? The layout and story are different except for the idea that Joe and Diesel are a couple that probably shouldn't have gotten married in the first place! But whatever, continue to grumble about "copying" and "plagiarism" where it doesn't exist. Separate ideas, different stories, with one or two similarities. That's not an "exact copy" in the slightest. With that argument, I could say you plagiarized LNwKP. I won't, because that argument is flawed.
1) It had my desk.

2) It had the Joe and Diesel marriage problems.

3) That was the main focus of the skit.

4) Don't forget the "almost" that was in my sentence.

5) I had a desk and a host like LNwKP, I said I was inspired by that comic in the forums (although I didn't put it in the description, I should probably edit that in). This guy didn't even credit me for being the first one to actually create a skit with "Joe and Diesel need to work on their marriage" at any given point. Zarry created that marriage, and he (and everyone else) would've been outraged too, if anyone so much as mentioned creating a skit with Joe and Diesel getting married in it.

6) Reformulating something and "profiting" off of it counts as plagiarism, although it would be harder to prove it in a copyright case (this isn't my copyright, but rather my originality).

7) Adding a few more people changes nothing on the base of the skit. Imagine me taking the name, "Thanos" and adding "as" at the end to make it "Thanosas" and then putting in every characteristic of Thanos into the character of that name, plus maybe one extra Infinity stone, and saying it's original.

Please. Red. This is just going to be me pointing out the obvious copying in that skit.
I would've ignored it completely if it had a funny joke at some point (and I mean funny as in you want to laugh, not jusy as amusing), but he couldn't even do that courtesy.

Ah, and one final thing:

If you copy an entire Wikipedia article and then add a few more sentences after that in an essay, the teacher will still count it as plagiarism and fail you.

Survivor11 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:39 am
RedThree wrote:
Survivor11 wrote:
So yeah.
I'm still mad.
1) It had my desk.

5) I had a desk and a host like LNwKP, I said I was inspired by that comic in the forums (although I didn't put it in the description, I should probably edit that in). This guy didn't even credit me for being the first one to actually create a skit with "Joe and Diesel need to work on their marriage" at any given point. Zarry created that marriage, and he (and everyone else) would've been outraged too, if anyone so much as mentioned creating a skit with Joe and Diesel getting married in it.

6) Reformulating something and "profiting" off of it counts as plagiarism, although it would be harder to prove it in a copyright case (this isn't my copyright, but rather my originality).

7) Adding a few more people changes nothing on the base of the skit. Imagine me taking the name, "Thanos" and adding "as" at the end to make it "Thanosas" and then putting in every characteristic of Thanos into the character of that name, plus maybe one extra Infinity stone, and saying it's original.

Please. Red. This is just going to be me pointing out the obvious copying in that skit.
I would've ignored it completely if it had a funny joke at some point (and I mean funny as in you want to laugh, not jusy as amusing), but he couldn't even do that courtesy.

Ah, and one final thing:

If you copy an entire Wikipedia article and then add a few more sentences after that in an essay, the teacher will still count it as plagiarism and fail you.
Just chill........

Simek4 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 1:11 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 11:39 am
RedThree wrote:

1) It had my desk.

Ah, and one final thing:

Just chill........
He kind of asked for it.
Now I'm done.

Wow this went from ok to super angry really fast

So you are arguing with someone about plagiarism yet no-one gains anything from said plagiarism.

You are arguing over toys with little speech bubbles.

Also fair use is a thing.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”