Bush War (and Community) history

Tell your own story!
We'll see... We'll see...

Chapter 5

Around this time, however, a Nargoian flanking route had been established, it passed directly through the Sol System (Humanity).
Unbeknownst to them, the Covenant had also established a flanking route through the milky way, and also through Sol.

They discovered what they thought to be Nargoians on one of the planets, Sol III.
In fact, nothing was left on it but destruction after a very short nuclear war.
It was an apocalyptic landscape, with survivors strewn about, here and there.

Well, the logical thing to do was if course to immediately start murdering what was left of the population left and right.
(So starts Dawn of Death Season 2.)

Then, arrived battle-group Alpha if the fifth Armada, engaging the covenant fleet immediately after their initial surprise wore off.
The conflict around Earth (Sol III) was relatively short, ending when Battle-group Beta followed with an Ultra-Carrier.
A parasite long thought dead was suddenly liberated from somewhere and a flood outbreak ensued, whilst for some reason, the Covenant glassed part of the planet.

A small group of surveyors managed to evacuate before the planet was destroyed with a Crust Piercing round fired from an Ultra Carrier according to ONI (Office of Nargoian Intelligence) protocol 54a voted in by the UNG senate just two years prior.

Warning:The following is highly classified.

5 systems suffered flood outbreaks due to xenoarcheological digs within a short span.
They were all quarantine and blockaded, until the ultimate resolution of allowing the destruction of the plants was secretly allowed.
None of these events were allowed to transpire to the public.

End.

After the events of Earth, the final push into the Covenant's final territories was launched: Operation Invasion.

The full might of the Nargoian military might was thrust into planet after planet, catching the Covenant off-guard with how many troops and ships were deployed at each battle.

However, the Covenant capital planet was where the attack started to stagnate.
The average marine life span was just a few hours long, and wave after wave of troops crashed into the mudfields before the capital city, unsupported by vehicles that got bogged down.
Finally, spartan heavy firepower was authorised and a breakthrough happened.

Once the capital fell, most of the proud elites surrendered, whilst slave rebellions happened here and there, and the last covenant remnants are wiped out.

Yet, the Covenant had allied themselves with a notorious enemy if the Nargoians, one that some Elites considered far too brutal even as allies, causing them to desert and offer their services to the Nargoians their brothers fought.

The Banished were back...

Chapter 6
A brief overview of Nargoian society and their view of war...

In the United Nargoian Space Corps, everyone joins up on an even footing. Conscription doesn't exist, but veterans get a lot of discounts and de facto pay raises, as well as it being very prestigious in society, (if they survive).

Your rise through ranks is determined pretty much only by how adept you are at surviving.
Even the highest ranking General started as a private in the infantry corps who was just really good at survival.

Why is survival what determines how you get promoted?
Well, let's just say, that on a planet it's not easy to flank. Most of the time the terrain will force you to attack head on, resulting in large numbers of death. Deaths that due to its just unimaginable size, the United Nargoian Galaxies can replace tenfold (x10).
Fortunately, even if you die on the front lines, your family gets a large amount of discounts and benefits, so joining up is generally a rite of passage. Not to mention it's pretty easy during peace time.
The large number of military personnel it has at its disposal are also a product of the UNG's Propaganda.
Everything you'll read about war in Nargoian society paints it as glorious.
Even the not so glossy parts are depicted as heroism.
Basically, Nargoians are brainwashed into believing in their cause unconditionally, from a very young age.
Nargoian society is democratic, but still very much about militarism, probably due to having to wage a war with each sentient species they encounter.

This marks the end of my small thesis on the Nargoians.

New species coming to Invasion chapter 2!!

The Kourà:

Hive mind species native to the planet of Ghallagha. Several phenomorphs exist but the most common are the Kourà-Kô, four armed, warrior-class infantry.
Other phenomorphs include the Kourà-Kaâ, first wave cannon-fodder that resemble Earth dogs and used to clear out possible minefields and other obstacles in front the main infantry.
Although their technology is quite advanced by all standards, the Kourà have not yet mastered the ability of space flight- a heavy advantage for the Nargoians.

I wish I had gotten into this before it started to get annoying. I didn't actually realize how in-depth this thing was. I made a Moronic Misadventures episode about it, and also a post about someone trying to start another war, but I wish I had actually joined beforehand. Ah, well.

SpartanGregor113 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:39 pm
I wish I had gotten into this before it started to get annoying. I didn't actually realize how in-depth this thing was. I made a Moronic Misadventures episode about it, and also a post about someone trying to start another war, but I wish I had actually joined beforehand. Ah, well.
Yeah, this isn't really about the Bush War anymore.

I'm just using it for Invasion lore posts.

Nargonians and their 40 width divisions.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:12 pm
Nargonians and their 40 width divisions.
The devs have decided that a nerf was in order.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”