Image inconsistencies

Having problems with the website or forum? Post here for help!
Having been on this gallery for a while now, and made quite a lot of comic chapters during that time, I've started noticing some very frustrating inconsistencies with the way images are being moderated, especially in more recent times. I often seen comments and complaints from creators that their posts are missing images, particularly when it comes to battle scenes, and I've been suffering from much the same problem lately.

The problem is, the moderators (for I can only assume there must be more than one) are extremely inconsistent in what they will or will not allow. There have been occasions where myself or others have simply reuploaded a post with missing images to find those same images missing, only to try again a few hours or days later to find that all of the pictures go through fine.

Moreover, it seems that some of these moderators are more stringent than others. In the last few chapters of my comic, I've had images missing of characters just firing guns, of simple explosions, even one that just showed a crashed mongoose on fire. To lend some context to this frustration, I've skimmed through some of my past comic chapters to provide a comparison.

These two posts from 2016 show a pretty standard exchange of characters shooting their guns, and other characters dying from those gunshots. They also feature the use of red bricks as blood.

The chapter above, from last week, uses the exact same techniques (I even used puffs of smoke to signify characters being shot, rather that bullet holes), but is missing two images, one of the driver being shot, the second of the mongoose crashing, with the two marines lying on the ground in the background. Considering that the red bricks used as blood are still visible in the images that were allowed through, I don't really understand why the two images in question were deemed unfit to be viewed. These omissions only serve to make the chapter disjointed and confusing for readers, and make it much more difficult for myself, and other creators, to comprehend what it allowed, and what isn't.

Another example I've suddenly found myself encountering difficulty with is explosions. Below are examples of comic chapters of mine from 2016, 2017, and 2018, all featuring characters being struck by detonations of some kind.

Yet recently - including just today - I've had problems with images that include fire or explosions not going through, which once again leaves me quite confused as to why these things are suddenly not permitted. Considering how many images have appeared on the gallery featuring curse words, non-Mega products, or utterly unrelated content, I'm truly baffled as to why dedicated, full-time contributors such as myself as seemingly having our efforts hampered by inconsistent, sometimes outright nonsensical, moderation decisions.

I apologise for the rant, but I - and I suspect, many other people as well - would be grateful for a greater degree of consistency and clarity about what is or isn't allowed on the gallery. Furthermore, a feedback system through which moderators could inform uploaders exactly what they find objectionable about an image would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: To further reinforce my points, here is the post from today that I referred to earlier:

This is, in fact, my third attempt at uploading this chapter. The first time, all of the pictures went through except for the second last one, featuring the fireball effect. The second time I attempted to upload it, I waited half a day and nothing came through at all. On the third attempt, the full set of images were visible on the gallery within the hour.

How about sometimes my images are turned sideways?

Another annoying thing is the inconsistency of the allowance of red bricks for blood. They even say it is allowed in the rules.

Maybe... Maybe they don't allow your pics to go through because they're so bad they can't be viewed or we'll die.

Relax, I'm joking.

This is a serious issue, and although I wouldn't go to the effort of writing a constructed development with proof, etc.
I do appreciate that you have, and hopefully they'll become much more consistent in what they allow through.

Personally, it seems to be an unclear wether a real cat can be allowed through in skits (out of 3 posts with cat pictures in them, only one had both pics of the cat).

Yeah I've tried cats before and they never go through (with a MCX figure of course)

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:48 am
Yeah I've tried cats before and they never go through (with a MCX figure of course)
But then Red Spartan posted a picture with 2 cats in it and it went through...

I was going to make a pet contest, but I figured no one would be allowed to enter :(

This is a major issue.

It makes me sad to say, since so many people on the Forums are so unfair is their judgement, but it has to be said. And I know, in a couple recent posts in Winters have the word "b@stard" in them, but that's to reinforce the plot. These characters are BROKEN, and by using words no one ever thought I would, I can reinforce that. The reason I do this, however, is that people have used much worse words on the Gallery. Besides, I already said Winters was going to get intense.

Either way, something really needs to be done.

JoeFilms wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:38 pm
Besides, I already said Winters was going to get intense.
This is the difficult part, yeah, since the Antares stuff is meant to represent a raising of the stakes for all of us Mega-Verse creators. It's hard to make things more intense if the regular stuff we've been doing for years is suddenly not okay anymore.

Sometimes if used correctly more harsh language can add to the story, if done wrong however you get Duke Nukem forever.

Return to “Forum / Website Tech support”