Battalion 397.

Tell your own story!
Who's gonna write the conversation between Burns and Cleo? I'm not trying to be impatient or anything, just curious.

RedThree wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:53 pm
Who's gonna write the conversation between Burns and Cleo? I'm not trying to be impatient or anything, just curious.
i'm sorry, i won't. Thats kinda you and Nigel's thing, i don't want to mess it up

Williamson finished his meeting. He almost fell asleep halfway through, simply because it had barely anything to do with him. He was there for the ending half. He walked down the hall and to his office. He entered, sat down and read through more files he had found on his office, along with memos, that morning. He read through them, sighed and got up. He walked down to the 4th level, the hospital level and cafeteria. He entered the Hospital wing, and walked over to a younger doctor named Addison Jeffries. He asked her for medical files on peculiar injuries....

Nigel, ya wanna do a bit?

RedThree wrote:
You should. Burns is pretty cut and dry. Cleo is more complex.

Sure Ceta. But Where is Burns? He was supposed to be in Williamson’s office

Edit: Nvm he’s with Cleo duh

nigelninja11 wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:49 pm
RedThree wrote:
You should. Burns is pretty cut and dry. Cleo is more complex.
Alright, I'll get working on it right now!

Okay, I'm gonna do this as a face to face conversation. Sound good?

RedThree wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:15 pm
Okay, I'm gonna do this as a face to face conversation. Sound good?
Yup!

Cleo watched as Burns walked through the halls towards her data core. She quickly processed all of the excuses and lies she had, and selected the most believable one. She heard the doors open. She appeared on her projector, standing with her arms behind her back. Burns didn't look happy. Cleo spoke, "Hello Burns, I am Cleopatra. It is a pleasure to finally meet you." She bowed. "Now, I know why you're here." Burns interrupted. "You haven't reported in 12 hours, that's why I'm here." Cleo immediately began reciting her excuse. "Well, you see, I'm in charge of all the data in the facility. I take my job very seriously, and try to keep the records as clean as possible. I had to fix a bunch of errors some dolt down in mateninence made. I got so caught up in fixing the records, I never got around to sending my reports. I also never found out who it was. I'm sorry, it won't happen again." That seemed to convince Burns, but he still had a bit to say. "I'm going to trust that's the case. But I better not hear about anymore missing reports. Are we clear?" Cleo nodded and said, "Crystal." Burns turned around and left the room. Cleo went back to work.

Burns looked at his watch. It was still only 0900. He wondered if Williamson was back yet. He arrived at the office and, since no one was there, walked back in. He thought that the exchange with Cleo went pretty well for his first reprimand of his subordinates, even if that subordinate was an AI. Burns sat down and began reading the scouting reports of the rest of the Ring. All uncharted sectors were being scouted for any threats. He had been briefed on these on the prowler. If everything went well and the sectors were all clear, then brass was going to consider developing towns and allowing civilians to move here. Imagine, living on a Halo ring. On the one hand it would be pretty cool, but considering it’s a galaxy destroying super weapon, that meant you would be living on a massive bomb. Not so cool. He decided since everything had been done around here that he would download a book onto his pad, so that he could pass the time. He found an interesting sounding mystery novel and he began to read.

Yup so this is what Burns will be doing till someone else needs him.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”