“Operation RETRIBUTION”
**File Details Locked**

*Manual Override confirmed*

Operation RETRIBUTION
Operator (classified) “Phoenix” (classified): MIA

Modifications: SUCCESS
Latest Deployment: Not Available
Current Location: MIA

Additional: Went missing 2 days after modifications were applied. No further information available.

*Extracting Information*

Complete

—hibernating—

September 2, 2555

*tsk—Pshhhhh*

The airlock system released, and a dark, wet figure fell from what fell like miles. His body hit the floor with great force, but he was in a full suit if armor. What armor? He couldn’t remember a thing. He dragged his finger across the wet chest guard’s paint applications. Wings of fire.

The man sat up and pushed himself off the metal floor. The room was black, all of it. The only reason he could see around was due to a holotermimal on the other side of the room. He had to duck under some pod thing, wet with a goopy liquid. It was cracked in half like an egg. He passed by the purple pod and limped to the terminal. It was locked, but it scanned his DNA composition and granted access. He was extraordinarily overstimulated and pressed the “open doors” as quick as possible. He was about to leave the dark room when he realized an object rested on the terminal’s right keypad. He picked up the strange helmet and read the word “Phoenix” wrapped in flames written on the top. He lifted it up to his eyes and a small package fell out.

It was a picture, printed on Zenith Paper, only obtainable from the planet Celsya. Posed on it was a blue ODST with “Phoenix” on its shoulder pads and a scout spartan with no identifications. On the back of the picture was a handwritten note:

“Phoenix and Z19 during routine CDU patrols–May 17, 2553”

\\Interview_File_0451
\\Enter password_1

>> password_1 accepted.

\\Enter password_2

>> password_2 incorrect.
>>> Self destruction initiated.
>>>> Self destruction will occur in 30 seconds if correct password_2 is not input.

>> password_2 accepted.

\\Enter password_3

>> password_3 accepted.

\\File loading...

>> File loaded.
>>> Note: No live personnel out of Mjolnir armour are authorised access to subjects -001 to -011 after incident X-784b. Personnel concerned by this measure who are in possession of Mjolnir must be ONI clearance AT4+.
The following interview was conducted with an AI named "Aragorn".

Interviewer (AI): Welcome subject -011 to this interview.

-011: I see they're not using actual people anymore after yesterday.

Interviewer: *Ignores remark* I am Aragorn, how are you feeling?

-011: I'd be feeling better if I wasn't in restraints.

*Through loudspeaker* Dr. Arcadia: -011, you are advised to answer Aragorn's questions seriously. If you do not cooperate, lethal force will be authorised.

-011: *sighs* Yes, ma'am. I'm feeling a little bit tired, Aragorn.

Interviewer: Unfortunate. Am I correct in assuming it is a side-effect of spending the night in solitary confinement?

-011: Yes.

Interviewer: Do you clearly understand why you spent the night in solitary confinement?

-011: Yes.

Interviewer: Do you mind telling me why you deemed it appropriate to break [Redacted]'s spine, followed by an escape attempt?

-011: I was kidnapped! You refuse to acknowledge it, expect me to forget it, expect me to cooperate with you in this sick project of yours! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH PAIN I'VE BEEN THROUGH FOR THIS!!??!

*Subject -011 throws over the table and punches the wall, cracking it. Then he punches the door, smashing it off it's hinges. The alarm starts blaring.
Footsteps and running are heard, gunshots and screams echo.*

>> File end.
>>> Interview results: Subject -011 was finally incapacitated at [Redacted] hours. ONI personnel casualties: [Redacted].
Analysis from 'Aragorn' deemed that Subject -011's memory wipe malfunctioned. Subject -011 was also deemed to require multiple anger management sessions.

\\File end.

\\User logged out._

Agent ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ mission report.

I don't have much time to say this and send it, I suspect I have been discovered.

We,the Red Eagles, have fought bravely against oppression. Yet, twice now, the UNSC has betrayed us...
And now it dawns that there may have been more to that than we first thought. It would seem that the Dark Devil's tendrils make it into everything and they dig deep. The UNSC is nothing more than a puppet and-

Noise is heard followed by crashing sounds.

Oh no! They're here, remember, the dark devils are everywhere, even where we least expect it, the new supreme leader i-

Gunshot.

Report salvaged by Red Eagle Intervention team Sigma.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”