Going out of business ?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
ValusWolf wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:01 pm
What’s going on with you mega ???? You’ll probably ignore this but just asking cuz I think it’s on everyone’s minds .
I wouldn't be surprised in all honesty.

MCX_Team wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:01 am
We are very much in business, lol.
A lot of us hope so, but can't get hold of the sets we want here in Europe.
Also it seems that pre-orders for the next line of Heroes have been cancelled ?

bongo wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:55 pm
MCX_Team wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:01 am
We are very much in business, lol.
A lot of us hope so, but can't get hold of the sets we want here in Europe.
Also it seems that pre-orders for the next line of Heroes have been cancelled ?
Go check out the "MCX Heroes Series 4 Cancelled?" Thread, it clears up your issue.

I too have wondered the same thing as advertised sets don't get put on the store, Walmart cancelling their selling agreement with mega construx, and just not being able to buy sets in general.

A lot of the issues I sort of think are on their competitors. I am totally guessing this and have nothing to back it up but some interesting things I have noticed made me believe this. I think a lot of the issues are another company pressuring Walmart and others to not carry Mega. I noticed they took Mega off the building block isle and hide it in the corner placing another non construction brand on that isle instead. Then the mart in my area put a totally generic brand on that isle for a bit then it got taken away. I think there are a lot of politics involved because a certain company that will not be named is scared for a change.

At one point Mega bloks were frankly a bit inferior. I still love them but some of the walls in the dragons era are very hard to put together. The plastic is not as high quality and the figures hands are brittle. All that has changed and Mega now is on par and exceeding that other companies products. Competition is good for the buyers as it drives innovation and keeps prices low. However there is not a company in the world that would not love a monopoly on their own product. When someone can no longer state they are superior they start to use underhanded tactics. I could be totally off base but this post is fun conjecture and not to be taken too seriously.

LishaThorne wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:36 pm
A lot of the issues I sort of think are on their competitors. I am totally guessing this and have nothing to back it up but some interesting things I have noticed made me believe this. I think a lot of the issues are another company pressuring Walmart and others to not carry Mega. I noticed they took Mega off the building block isle and hide it in the corner placing another non construction brand on that isle instead. Then the mart in my area put a totally generic brand on that isle for a bit then it got taken away. I think there are a lot of politics involved because a certain company that will not be named is scared for a change.

At one point Mega bloks were frankly a bit inferior. I still love them but some of the walls in the dragons era are very hard to put together. The plastic is not as high quality and the figures hands are brittle. All that has changed and Mega now is on par and exceeding that other companies products. Competition is good for the buyers as it drives innovation and keeps prices low. However there is not a company in the world that would not love a monopoly on their own product. When someone can no longer state they are superior they start to use underhanded tactics. I could be totally off base but this post is fun conjecture and not to be taken too seriously.
That's kind of what I was thinking. That you-know-who has been buying a bit more shelf space to rub out the competition.

If it would rub out the low quality nock offs that flooded the market some years ago id be fine with that. Im not if this is the case, not been to a store in awhile.

Funny thing is I've been finding newer set's at wholesale stores such as Dollar General & Tuesday Mornings and recently I've seen the 10th anniversary blind bags at Walgreens so there's still hope that Wal-Mart & Target will get things sorted out until then were just going to have to endure this drought.

MCX_Team wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:32 am
King_of_Nothing wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 pm
Several months ago, I read an article online about how Mattel was going to put a lot of muscle into the marketing of this line. Supposedly, they had really big plans for it.

I truly hope that this 'big push' is still in the works. We need an affordable line like MCX in stores. I am sick to death of seeing only 20 dollar action figures!!
You're right. As you can imagine as a multinational company, corporate plans and strategies take time to put into place and execute. Trust us that there are sunnier days on the horizon filled with some pretty amazing products - if we do say so ourselves!
It's September 2019 now... still waiting on that sunshine.

I honestly think Mega was doing just fine before being acquired by Mattel. The Big M seems to have been withering and killing pretty much everything it touches other than Barbie and Hot Wheels.

Return to “General discussion”