Going out of business ?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
AiasOileus wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:09 pm
RichardT1977 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm
Also your minifigures are superior to that other company's.

But I think ValusWolf's concern was due to the fact that MCX is losing shelf space at Walmart and Target, and we haven't seen any new Halo or CoD sets in a while.
Well said RichardT1977, to make things even more confusing, today in Walmart I found some other brick brand next to the main competitor brick brand, right where Mega Construx used to be.
As did I. Similar to L3go with better detailing. But right next to the MCX taking our shelf space.

MCX_Team wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:01 am
We are very much in business, lol.
lol? I wasn't expecting a chill answer

SliggooSpeed wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:28 pm
AiasOileus wrote:
RichardT1977 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm
Also your minifigures are superior to that other company's.

But I think ValusWolf's concern was due to the fact that MCX is losing shelf space at Walmart and Target, and we haven't seen any new Halo or CoD sets in a while.
Well said RichardT1977, to make things even more confusing, today in Walmart I found some other brick brand next to the main competitor brick brand, right where Mega Construx used to be.
Here in El Paso the MCX section at Walmart is completely gone, and the one at Target is very minimal. If one wants to find MCX sets (namely Pokémon), I'd recommend looking at GameStop or ThinkGeek (or Barnes & Noble for the Inventors line). One thing I found funny was that in Juárez City the Walmarts have a very large MCX section, I was able to find some sets I've never seen in El Paso.

I'm going off on a tangent, but bottom line Mega Construx needs to sort out its presence at major retailers, at least in the US (Mexico is pretty solid AFAIK). Mega's definetly not going out of business (I'd even say their presence is stronger than ever), but they need to be more easily available.
Man, you went to Juárez for MCX? That's absolute dedication. The place can be DANGEROUS.

Several months ago, I read an article online about how Mattel was going to put a lot of muscle into the marketing of this line. Supposedly, they had really big plans for it.

I truly hope that this 'big push' is still in the works. We need an affordable line like MCX in stores. I am sick to death of seeing only 20 dollar action figures!!

Community Team
King_of_Nothing wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:25 pm
Several months ago, I read an article online about how Mattel was going to put a lot of muscle into the marketing of this line. Supposedly, they had really big plans for it.

I truly hope that this 'big push' is still in the works. We need an affordable line like MCX in stores. I am sick to death of seeing only 20 dollar action figures!!
You're right. As you can imagine as a multinational company, corporate plans and strategies take time to put into place and execute. Trust us that there are sunnier days on the horizon filled with some pretty amazing products - if we do say so ourselves!

It better not be too long. I'm losing hope with how little MCX sets of value I see by the passing day...

MCX_Team wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:32 am
You're right. As you can imagine as a multinational company, corporate plans and strategies take time to put into place and execute. Trust us that there are sunnier days on the horizon filled with some pretty amazing products - if we do say so ourselves!
Thank you very much for your reply. I anxiously await any new MCX Heroes info.

Just so you know, He-Man / MOTU characters are what brought me to this line.

JoeFilms wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:39 pm
SliggooSpeed wrote:
AiasOileus wrote:

Here in El Paso the MCX section at Walmart is completely gone, and the one at Target is very minimal. If one wants to find MCX sets (namely Pokémon), I'd recommend looking at GameStop or ThinkGeek (or Barnes & Noble for the Inventors line). One thing I found funny was that in Juárez City the Walmarts have a very large MCX section, I was able to find some sets I've never seen in El Paso.

I'm going off on a tangent, but bottom line Mega Construx needs to sort out its presence at major retailers, at least in the US (Mexico is pretty solid AFAIK). Mega's definetly not going out of business (I'd even say their presence is stronger than ever), but they need to be more easily available.
Man, you went to Juárez for MCX? That's absolute dedication. The place can be DANGEROUS.
I live there... It's not that dangerous, that is so last decade.

SliggooSpeed wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:47 am
JoeFilms wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:39 pm
SliggooSpeed wrote:

I live there... It's not that dangerous, that is so last decade.
Huh, my mistake. I hope I didn't come across as offensive, that was just my understanding. But I am often wrong.

Return to “General discussion”