Going out of business ?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
What’s going on with you mega ???? You’ll probably ignore this but just asking cuz I think it’s on everyone’s minds .

I don't see mega going anywhere. Mattel isnt going anywhere and they own mega.

ValusWolf wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:01 pm
but just asking cuz I think it’s on everyone’s minds .
This person and their poor grammar do not speak for what's on my mind.

MCX is constantly delivering high-quality sets based on very popular content, and while it's been common knowledge for years that their distribution is a mess, the products still have a very strong, loyal fanbase, and are still highly sought-after (as evidence by the obscene prices Ebay scalpers can get away with). The demand is strong, and the buyers are plentiful, so I don't know where someone would get the idea that Mega is going out of business, or why they'd think that such a notion would be "on everyone's minds".

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:59 am
ValusWolf wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:01 pm
but just asking cuz I think it’s on everyone’s minds .
This person and their poor grammar do not speak for what's on my mind.

MCX is constantly delivering high-quality sets based on very popular content, and while it's been common knowledge for years that their distribution is a mess, the products still have a very strong, loyal fanbase, and are still highly sought-after (as evidence by the obscene prices Ebay scalpers can get away with). The demand is strong, and the buyers are plentiful, so I don't know where someone would get the idea that Mega is going out of business, or why they'd think that such a notion would be "on everyone's minds".
This is a beautiful way of putting it Nato.

Community Team
We are very much in business, lol.

If you guys are ever going out of business let me know so I can buy the company :D

Although I find it is very rude for Nato to steal my job of destroying someone's will to live very harshly, I agree with him and I don't think Mega is going out of business yet.
Key word: YET
They have hard competition from L3go, who seemingly have a monopoly on the market (most apparently so in Europe), and that isn't helped by how little sets make it to Europe from Mega in the first place.

Listen up MCX if you're reading this:
I know a lot of people who are into Halo and CoD, and don't mind buying collectibles.
As a matter of fact, just because of the sheer price of [competitor], the European market is very open for people who would rather buy a teenager something about a Video game, rather than L3go Architecture (Who gives a ---- about Architecture as a teen??!), where the teen in question will probably just mumble, "thanks" and get rid of it out of sight.
Not to mention kids, who are going to see the set, and think (just as I thought when I was a little younger), "Wow a L3go set with cool aliens and space soldiers!" even if it is MCX.

In conclusion, Mega isn't out of business or going out of business yet.
However, if they don't take the immeasurable opportunities they're being presented with to spread to the rest of the world, how long do they really have left?

Also your minifigures are superior to that other company's.

But I think ValusWolf's concern was due to the fact that MCX is losing shelf space at Walmart and Target, and we haven't seen any new Halo or CoD sets in a while.

RichardT1977 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm

But I think ValusWolf's concern was due to the fact that MCX is losing shelf space at Walmart and Target, and we haven't seen any new Halo or CoD sets in a while.
Well said RichardT1977, to make things even more confusing, today in Walmart I found some other brick brand next to the main competitor brick brand, right where Mega Construx used to be.

AiasOileus wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:09 pm
RichardT1977 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Well said RichardT1977, to make things even more confusing, today in Walmart I found some other brick brand next to the main competitor brick brand, right where Mega Construx used to be.
Here in El Paso the MCX section at Walmart is completely gone, and the one at Target is very minimal. If one wants to find MCX sets (namely Pokémon), I'd recommend looking at GameStop or ThinkGeek (or Barnes & Noble for the Inventors line). One thing I found funny was that in Juárez City the Walmarts have a very large MCX section, I was able to find some sets I've never seen in El Paso.

I'm going off on a tangent, but bottom line Mega Construx needs to sort out its presence at major retailers, at least in the US (Mexico is pretty solid AFAIK). Mega's definetly not going out of business (I'd even say their presence is stronger than ever), but they need to be more easily available.

Return to “General discussion”