Mega-Verse: Comic Index

Tell your own story!
Dang man. I liked them alot Jason. I always look forward to seeing more posts like the Gone.

Jason397a wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:49 am
To be frank, this isn't gonna be the brightest of posts. But I need to be truthful, and I hope that you guys can understand. Being part of this community is one of the best experiences I ever had. It started with the Gone series, something that I absolutely loved to create, and I was so happy for the overwhelming positive feedback I got. Immediately afterward I knew that I wanted to make more.
I guess it goes without saying that the Gone series that I made is the only current series I have officially completed. All other comic series attempts that I have made (with exclusion of The Copernicus) have all ended in abrupt failures, do to either large portions of the story being removed, leaving plot holes, the story not being well developed enough, or just through frustration and burnout.
With The Copernicus I finally have a grasp at what the Mega Construx website asks of me to allow postage of here, and I am capable of doing it. However, the work required to make every photo eligible for postage was surprisingly hard for me, and I end up spending countless hours editing photos that only took me 45 minutes to complete while I was working on the Gone series. This is most notably due to me using brand-that-shall-not-be-named templates, and while many of you have kindly offered me suggestions of using clay or some surface, I have continued to remain stubborn and use them.
If this isn't enough, my free time has been significantly reduced for me. This is my first year of college, and while thankfully I have been maintaining my grades and haven't lost my mind (yet), I have had very little time to get back into posting comics. To be honest, I'm losing the spark of creativity that I'm so glad you guys still have. I've seen people like Nato, Admrial, Survivor, Joefilms, Z19, and many, MANY others still posting ever since I got here. You guys are the foundation of our creative center. You've made so many creations and I'm so glad that I've met you. Other creators such as Zarry are relatively new, but they given all of us some awesome stuff! I'm glad to see new people coming in with bright ideas. May your sparks of ingenuity continue blazing for many years to come.
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to retire my series. I haven't contributed much to the Mega-Verse. The Gone series, while many say was very good, doesn't contribute much to the canon. The partial ones that I have left scattered between The Gone and The Copernicus can be considered non-canon at this point. They are incomplete, and I have no intent on finishing them. However, I do have full intent on finishing The Copernicus with the last bit of creativity I have. I started out on this place with a bang. I may as well end on one. I will take any and all suggestions that will further strengthen this story with other ones in the Mega-Verse. I have read Nato's post, and I agree 100%. We started in many different places, and we need to converge at one point.
I know this may refute this last statement that I'm "Leaving the community", but if things really do look up, I may make another small mini-comic here and there. The chances of me making another large series like The Gone and The Copernicus are slim, but I dunno. Only the future will tell.
And in the event that The Copernicus ends up failing (I hope not!) I thank you guys for your support until the end.
I have a couple more days out here in CT (family vacation), but I will do the best I can to re-vamp The Copernicus series right where it has left off (I still have plenty of photos, I simply need to edit all of them). Thank you for all of your support, and I wish each and every one of you the best as we run -- clutching our cameras, laptops, paints, guns, and our beloved Halo figurines -- into the new year.
Well i do wish you luck in the Copernicus. I know I went to collage for a time. It dvours your free time exspecially when your working a full time job in there as well. Regardless i will probably alwasy regard the gone at the very least in Cannon with the MV. It ended on a genunily ambiugious cliff hanger that at the least ties the story of the events up well. I do wish mega would remove this silly restriction on competitor brand bricks. Its nonsesical and stilting creativity. If its used in tandom with the focus on Mega construx related brands/ themes constructions and certainly bricks from other brands should be more then acceptable for use.

Well I certainly wish you the best of luck with future projects, J-397.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”