War of the Gods tales from Elysia

Tell your own story!
Due to the constraints of story telling through a comic I thought I would add some of the backstory here. While these tales should not be needed to understand the comic, they should add to the story if you are following it. So far we have seen several factions on this planet but its hard to explain how the planet got to where it is without panels of talking and talking. If this is popular I will keep posting some of the various backstories that will not be told in the main comic line.

Brionna

General Lycippe looked over the ramparts down upon the plain before the city of Brionna. The once magnificant human city had been under her control now for over two years. The human citizens no longer had pockets of rebels, they simply became one with their conquerors. It was strange to her, they were even appreciative at this point for the security over the past 16 months. The city was at peace finally, but how long could that last in this world. Brionna sat upon the ocean side with the Skeivans on the south border. The land to the north, once run by humans, was now also under the Amazon's domain. The empire stretched far now, the known world was brought to its knees by the Amazon Queen.

The general did this almost daily, the fresh air would be calming before she had to get to her duties. Today was different though, the eight morning patrols were overdue. All eight was not a coincidence, the odds would be astronomical. Something was wrong and Lycippe knew it. Strategically thinking this would mean the city was surrounded by an unknown foe. While she could not see them it would have to be the Skeivans. The border of what remained of the human Kingdom had no signs of any offensive movement. The Skeivens were a race of humanoid rats. They had been unleashed upon this world by the Goddess Hecate who was not fond of Athena at this time. A serious thorn in the side of the Amazon Empire, the Skeivens had proven they could resist the recent expansion, disease accompanied them in battle. All efforts to push into their territory had been repelled with heavy losses. Before being posted here, Lycippe led part of the 3rd legion that was tragically sent into the rat's territory.

Lycippe could hear the footsteps approaching from behind, it would be Phera, her second in command. "All the morning patrols are long overdue, shall I dispatch a few more patrols to search?" Captain Phera inquired. "No" Lycippe would look over her shoulder as she spoke "no reason to send more of our warriors into danger, dispatch a few warriors to bring the human farmers behind the city walls." Unfortunately the Queen's campaign into the human kingdom took rescources. The city had no air force in its garrison which made getting a message for reinforcements somewhat harder. Phera moved to put the general's order into action as Lycippe added "ask for a volunteer, we will need to get a message to Smyrna. Have her use my mount, it is the fastest". "as you wish" Phera added before she walked into the tower that lead to the surface level of the city.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”