2018 Toy Fair Recap

Trade Show, Con, and Festival Discussion
Community Team
It's been an exciting two days at Toy Fair already! Here's what's been announced so far:

Pokemon
Series 5: Stufful, Bounsweet, Carvanha, Staryu, Charjabug, and an all-new Pikachu!
Series 6: Charmander, Caterpie, Bellsprout, Marill, Chinchou, and Pidgey
Jumbo Pikachu

Halo
Forgehog vs. Banished Goliath
Halo Heroes: Combat Evolved-themed Master Chief, Jackal, Spartan Centurion, Spartan Recruit, Dr. Halsey, and Spartan Emile

Pro Builder
Train Heist
Coast Guard Helicopter Rescue

The fun doesn't stop there! More announcements to come today and tomorrow! Make sure to check out our Facebook and Twitter pages for pictures of these awesome new sets :)
What do you guys think of the new sets?

The Halo Heroes figures look great. Forgehog vs. Goliath looks cool. I'm waiting to see an official picture of the Infinity set...

That Train Heist looks amazing! A cannon too, cool but, Will there be train tracks to go with the train?

Train heist and HHS8 look great. Can't wait to see official pics of the FrostRaven. That thing looks amazing.

cdn_bricks wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:07 pm
The Halo Heroes figures look great. Forgehog vs. Goliath looks cool. I'm waiting to see an official picture of the Infinity set...
I've seen the infinity. It looks close to being same size and length as FUD

Also. I think the Goliath looks like a destiny war beast on steroids.

The Probuilder sets look great! However, I feel like the PB sets need figure packs to accompany them. I'd love to get more Vikings and Cowboys beyond what is in these sets. Maybe a set of blind bags or Heroes type figures with a variety of themes in each wave?

Really excited for waves 3 and 4 of the MCX Heroes line. I don't need more Xenomorphs or Terminators, but their reuse here makes sense. I noticed the placard in front of those two wave said "Wave 3, 4, and 5" and listed Spring 2018 as the release date. I'm assuming this means wave 3 and 4 will be hitting in the next few months. What about wave 5? Or was it on the placard by mistake.

Surprised the Destiny line didn't seem to get any exposure at Toy Fair. At least, the press didn't seem to show anything. Press coverage for Mega Construx at Toy Fair is always lacking. Looking forward to pics from you guys for upcoming product, especially more detailed pics of the CoD truck, Heroes wave 3, and containers, as well as the eventual reveal of the next wave of Halo blind bags.

Ooh. I'm liking the FrostRaven, now that the official pictures have shown up.

I hope we see some cod first looks soon

Ashtalon wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:47 pm
The Probuilder sets look great! However, I feel like the PB sets need figure packs to accompany them. I'd love to get more Vikings and Cowboys beyond what is in these sets. Maybe a set of blind bags or Heroes type figures with a variety of themes in each wave?

Really excited for waves 3 and 4 of the MCX Heroes line. I don't need more Xenomorphs or Terminators, but their reuse here makes sense. I noticed the placard in front of those two wave said "Wave 3, 4, and 5" and listed Spring 2018 as the release date. I'm assuming this means wave 3 and 4 will be hitting in the next few months. What about wave 5? Or was it on the placard by mistake.

Surprised the Destiny line didn't seem to get any exposure at Toy Fair. At least, the press didn't seem to show anything. Press coverage for Mega Construx at Toy Fair is always lacking. Looking forward to pics from you guys for upcoming product, especially more detailed pics of the CoD truck, Heroes wave 3, and containers, as well as the eventual reveal of the next wave of Halo blind bags.
If it's more blind bags to look at, I'm in for it 100%

Return to “Event Discussion”