Rubber Track fix

Tips & Tricks
Hello,

whilst sorting out my mega bloks call of duty vehicles today, I noticed one of the tracks on my second 'battle tank' set had just broken, it wasn't stored incorrectly, and I don't use the tracks very often. does anyone know how to fix broken tracks on mega vehicles? some kind of heat or glue maybe?
Thanks,
William

I've heard of other people having this problem. I suppose you could glue it back together, though you probably wouldn't be able to move it anymore. You could also try getting the part replaced, assuming it's not a discontinued set.

TacticalSponge wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:09 am
I've heard of other people having this problem. I suppose you could glue it back together, though you probably wouldn't be able to move it anymore. You could also try getting the part replaced, assuming it's not a discontinued set.
thankyou for your reply,

how stupid of me! of course I can order a replacement!
its for the legends battle tank, its only got two tracks so would rather not glue one. But I definitely can order a replacement!

willshard wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:55 am
thankyou for your reply,

how stupid of me! of course I can order a replacement!
its for the legends battle tank, its only got two tracks so would rather not glue one. But I definitely can order a replacement!
I hope everything works out for you.

I also gotta call in for a couple of tracks. One of them has already broken on my drone and I want to be prepared for the other.

Going to resurrect this old post.

I’m not sure whether this would work, Fruilmodel makes metal tracks for 1/35 scale model tanks. I checked a couple of old model tanks that I have and the Heavy Armor Outpost tank has the same track width as my model Abrams and the Desert Tank has the same track width as my Bradly AFV. I haven’t taken the plunge to order a set you to try my theory, but it might just work. Eventual I’ll try and if it doesn’t work on the MCX tanks I can always put them on models. Would likely have order 2 sets per vehicle because I think the tracks are longer then the actual model tank tracks.

Expensive fix if it works, but might also look really cool. I actually want to get a second Heavy Armor Outpost tank and combine the two to make a slightly larger tank with the correct amount of road wheels.

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”