Block parts you wish existed

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Have you ever wished you had a certain piece for a build.
List them here, who knows maybe they will one day be created.

There is a right angle piece that has prongs on each side.
I'd like the same type of piece however I'd like one side to the the prongs on the inside.
This would be useful for connecting right angles from the bottom of builds.

I'd like to see more straight/curved pipes/pegs of different sizes for making vehicle frames etc..

More variations in tank treads and wheels, including wheels with socket connections on both sides. For building bikes. See my thread for more details on bike pieces: Bike building: Tips, Tricks & Resources

Larger base plates.

jonnyfiyve wrote:There is a right angle piece that has prongs on each side.
I'd like the same type of piece however I'd like one side to the the prongs on the inside.
This would be useful for connecting right angles from the bottom of builds...
Hey J5, what you are describing is unclear. First is this a brick, plate, or bracket you are describing? And when you say "prongs", do you mean studs on both sides or C-clips or what? Perhaps a little drawing would help. Why I ask is that oft times when MB doesn't make the part you need, L**o does and visa versa. I've become very familiar with both companies' catalogs and different building techniques to achieve various things. If you can better describe your needs (pics would help a lot), maybe I can help.

Happy Trails!
MTB Vince

VinceHoffman wrote:Hey J5, what you are describing is unclear. First is this a brick, plate, or bracket you are describing? And when you say "prongs", do you mean studs on both sides or C-clips or what? Perhaps a little drawing would help. Why I ask is that oft times when MB doesn't make the part you need, L**o does and visa versa. I've become very familiar with both companies' catalogs and different building techniques to achieve various things. If you can better describe your needs (pics would help a lot), maybe I can help.

Happy Trails!
MTB Vince
When I say prongs I am talking about what some people call studs. Thread here about various terms: Prong or Peg?

The piece I'm talking about is a directional piece. A right angle. It has prongs on the top and on the side. I suppose you could consider it a bracket. The current piece curves down wards. I'd like the opposite.

jonnyfiyve wrote:
When I say prongs I am talking about what some people call studs. Thread here about various terms: Prong or Peg?

The piece I'm talking about is a directional piece. A right angle. It has prongs on the top and on the side. I suppose you could consider it a bracket. The current piece curves down wards. I'd like the opposite.
OK well the proper term among knowledgeable block fans MB, [competitor], or otherwise is actually a stud. A plate (1/3rd the height of a standard brick) with a sharp bend in it is called a bracket. A smooth plate with no studs on top is called a tile. A brick with a triangular silhouette is a slope.

So I believe what you are describing is a bracket. Is the right angle portion pointing upwards or downwards with respect to the horizontal portion?

Happy Trails!
MTB Vince

VinceHoffman wrote: Is the right angle portion pointing upwards or downwards with respect to the horizontal portion?
Points downwards. The piece I would like would point upwards.

VinceHoffman wrote:OK well the proper term among knowledgeable block fans MB, [competitor], or otherwise is actually a stud. A plate (1/3rd the height of a standard brick) with a sharp bend in it is called a bracket. A smooth plate with no studs on top is called a tile. A brick with a triangular silhouette is a slope.
Most of these are competitor terms. Mega calls studs prongs. That word appears in their product descriptions.
From my experience they call slopes, angles. Plates are plates. Sizes are full and 1/3, but they also have other sizes depending on the block type (micro, mini, maxi, mega). Blocks with no prongs is referred to as a "no post" I have heard and seen on Facebook Mega designers call them that. Sometime they refer to the prongs as posts.

As for the piece we are talking about I have no idea what Mega calls them. So I'll go with bracket.

Very possible that they use these terms to avoid using common lingo created / accosiated to competitor.

jonnyfiyve wrote:
VinceHoffman wrote: Is the right angle portion pointing upwards or downwards with respect to the horizontal portion?
Points downwards. The piece I would like would point upwards.
Two options:

MB already makes an upwards facing 2x2 L bracket. I'm actually using them as seats in the rear of my pimped NMPD Troop 'Hog that is sitting on the front page of the gallery right now. It has a 2x2 surface at right angles to its horizontal 2x2 surface. However it only has female holes on the vertical surface. If you require studs on the vertical surface this is solved using the male-to-male modified plates which are unique to the MB catalog. The part I'm refering to only comes in 1x2 and 2x2 version and has studs only, on both top and bottom surfaces.

Alternatively, L**o makes a whole bunch of upward facing L- brackets. The smallest is 1x2 on both the horizontal and vertical surfaces. They are available with the vertical surface having as many as 2x4 studs but the horizontal surface is almost always 1x2. I make use of them regularly. In fact my recent yellow Floodgate Cart , currently on page two of the gallery is using one as the driver's seat. You can see the smooth back of the 2x2 vertical surface (the studs face rearwards) but a 2x2 tile is being used as the seat and is obscuring the 1x2 studded horizontal surface. I sneak these problem-solver pieces into my MB custom builds regularly and keep a supply of black versions purchased on Brick Link in my parts bins at all times.

Happy Trails!
MTB Vince

VinceHoffman wrote: MB already makes an upwards facing 2x2 L bracket. I'm actually using them as seats in the rear of my pimped NMPD Troop 'Hog that is sitting on the front page of the gallery right now. It has a 2x2 surface at right angles to its horizontal 2x2 surface. However it only has female holes on the vertical surface. If you require studs on the vertical surface this is solved using the male-to-male modified plates which are unique to the MB catalog. The part I'm refering to only comes in 1x2 and 2x2 version and has studs only, on both top and bottom surfaces.
Forgot to mention I want the 1x2 version which Mega does not make. Your solution with he male-to-male makes it thicker which is not always ideal.
I'm not interested in buying competitor pieces which is why I created this thread. I'm hoping the designers at Mega will one day make that piece. Assuming there is no copyright issue. Until then I'll work around it.

Thanks for all the tips.

I would like to see more rounded brick wall pieces. Like a light house build. Brick sets, like nothing but trees. Or wood boards. Windows and doors.

Return to “General discussion”