SDCC 2015

Trade Show, Con, and Festival Discussion
Thehumanelement wrote:
> I can't help but wonder if they'll utilize both HALO and COD scale
> simultaneously in that line due to character height differences in the
> show. If every character is HALO height i might cherry pick as opposed to
> buying everything.

I have heard from a reputable source of intel that no other MEGA sets will utilize the CoD scale; that everything in the 'collectors' realm will be HALO/AC/Terminator scaled. That being said, I don't mind if Leo is the same height as Shredder, so long as they don't have the AC/Terminator deadeye look. The turtles, if no pupils need to just have the white-eye look on their bandanas...and TBH, if Shredder looks as cool as he could in blok form, I don't mind the deadeye look for him.

...the bigger question is - how long will it take to get April in the series? :P

Taking that at face value that's a bummer but not something i'd turn my back on the line over. What i *really* care about is the quality of sculpt along with the articulation already present . I can fudge the 3mm height difference between HALO and COD through custom efforts.

Bebop
Rocksteady
Foot soldiers
Shredder

Please Mattel....make sure the execution in the sculpting department isn't a let down.

The MB Twitter just teased something under-wraps in the Masters of the Universe booth.

...Could this be the Castle Grayskull we've all been hoping for since the acquisition of the first Mattel licenses? :D

I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet wanting a Borg figure pack. Don't get me wrong, i'm looking forward to seeing several alien races in the Star Trek line eventually but the Borg are favorites.
I would also love it if they bring Casey Jones into the Turtles line.
And the Masters of the Universe tease is almost too much to bare. I didn't get into MotU toys as a kid because they were not in scale with anything else (and my parents thought it was a Satanic line). To be able to get a Sci-Fantasy line like that in the same scale as Halo and Star Trek would be awesome.
Looking forward to more news.

Besides the reveal of a master build Castle Grayskull and He-man on Battle Cat has there been any other Mega Bloks MotU news from SDCC?

omegabob wrote:

> And the Masters of the Universe tease is almost too much to bare. To be able to get a
> Sci-Fantasy line like that in the same scale as Halo and Star Trek would be
> awesome.
> Looking forward to more news.

The fact that a Mega Bloks MOTU line isn't already being given the green light ...that it's success is even being questioned....is slightly confusing and irritating .

MOTU Mega Bloks with well sculpted MAF's is a no brainer. The MOTU character catalogue is extensive enough to create a wealth of figure packs, building sets and vehicle building sets for at least 3 years. There is a built in collector fan base that has been supporting MOTUC for years now not to mention the new collectors who will only by brick related product.

The great thing about MotU for Mega Bloks is that as I remember the old line most of the characters used mostly the same basic body with a different head and gear. The reusability of parts is quite high with it still being similar to the original line.

Did the panel yesterday showcase any 2016 halo sets?

Thats exactly what I have been looking for, news from the panel and it just doesn't exist.

Yes, the panel showcased a new line of singularly packed highly detailed named Halo figures and the next signature series build, the Halo 5 version of the Spirit dropship. The panel video is still being worked on, hopefully it will be up soon.

Return to “Event Discussion”