Custom figure modifications: Tips & Resources

Tips & Tricks
GeekMarky wrote:I use Vallejo
Interesting, I'll look into that.

Thehumanelement wrote:I'm working on a figure right now ( several ) and the short answer is :

There are no sources of articulated bare arms with muscle tone that have existing joints like the newly articulated Mega Bloks figures ( that i know of) .

Considering how much attention Adewale has garnered we're all wating on Mega Bloks to release a multi pack of figures using that body in multiple skin tones (much like Assassins Creed multi pack figures have many skin tones). I really like the Adewale figure but i'd love new figures using that body in every human skin tone and several solid colors like blue , red, purple , etc. .

If you are willing to perform some moderate to extensive modification you can use MUSCLE / Kinnikuman arms . You would still end up painting though ( and this is after drilling , sanding, gluing, etc.).
This is late but there is one in riverboat raid.

She was customized with a halo female figure "Vale"
TMNT- April O'Neal head and arms.
TMNT- Vest.
This is My custom figure "Thorn"

Jason-101 wrote:
Mon May 08, 2017 10:35 pm

She was customized with a halo female figure "Vale"
TMNT- April O'Neal head and arms.
TMNT- Vest.
This is My custom figure "Thorn"
wow havent seen the fig head anywhere in the tmnt line yet. not that one anyway, great custom.

Somewhere on this thread is where you would do a custom contest , whether it be figures whether it be Vehicles battles Scapes, whatever custom contest you want to put post it here on this page

Who wants to do a custom contest? And does anyone have an idea for a theme? Like one of those old vehicle build-offs? And also rules? Judges?

Maybe a summer contest.

Jason-101 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:40 pm
Maybe a summer contest.
I like it. Let's see what other people think of it.

charliebucket wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:38 pm
Who wants to do a custom contest? And does anyone have an idea for a theme? Like one of those old vehicle build-offs? And also rules? Judges?
not sure about judges but how bout a custom figure. for the rules your build should be 100% mega parts and it has to be
all your work.

Roebuck wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:11 pm
charliebucket wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:38 pm
not sure about judges but how bout a custom figure. for the rules your build should be 100% mega parts and it has to be
all your work.
Maybe. I was thinking of a building contest but custom figures works. Paints or no paints?

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”