Temporary bricks

General news and information related to Mega Construx
As we all know, some sets include extra bricks which are needed during the build but which are temporary and are removed before the build is finished. Normally these bricks are a contrasting colour to make it clear they don't belong in the finished build which obviously makes sense but normally means they are bright white, red or similar. The down side is it makes them difficult to reuse in custom builds and so they just sit in my parts bin for ever.

It just struck me that a compromise would be to make them clear. These would still be noticeably different to the majority of set brick colours but it would make them useful for creating custom stands which I never seem to have enough clear bricks to do. What do you guys think?

While I've never really found the Temp Bricks to be necessary while building I do like that it does give some extra bricks for use later. I would be all for them being clear or translucent as I could always use more bricks like that.
One thing I do with bricks that aren't in a color I would normally build with is use them as filler bricks in areas they won't be seen.

Ssems like we've gotten clear staging blocks before. Maybe I'm just thinking of the ones which can be used for display purposes. Regardless... kinda like the red bricks.

There have been clear bricks before. I also enjoy the temporary bricks that are cammo or have those stone-like finishes. I do think that most often they've been yellow or red, but recently they do tend to be more universally useful colors.

Difficult to find a use for them? I suppose it depends what colour pieces are used, white pieces can be added to a wall or could form a piece of terrain in an arctic landscape (by terrain I mean like a snowy rock formation or maybe a part of a snow covered ancient ruin)

How about clear black bricks?

I support this idea. I never use my temporary bricks.

Return to “General discussion”