Translucent Assassins Creed figures?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Recently i had an Assassins Creed figure arrive that has translucent arms, head and torso i.e. you can clearly see light shining through it . The figure is *not* supposed to be translucent ( i have another of the same exact type and the plastic flesh tone is coloured as it supposed to be so this is weird and slightly disappointing. In addition the right upper arm has extra flashing on it where the upper arm and lower arm join. Enough to require me to have to sand it off which i haven't done yet.

Has this happened to anyone else recently and if so with what figure? Has anyone had this happen to them with Mega Bloks bricks?

It's kind of frustrating as i've been waiting on this figure for some time and for it finally to arrive and look like this *face palm*. Mega Bloks still makes the best mini figures on the market so i'm staying loyal but this experience - ***.

What a great opportunity to test your skills, while painting your own custom figure. Enjoy.

This is true.

I'm considering not altering it at all as it is a , well, unique factory error .

Actually i do not know if it is unique yet lol.

Has anyone else had this issue with Assassins Creed figures or other Mega Bloks product? Translucent parts are pretty specific (not like getting an extra red brick instead of a black one for example). And this figure has translucent flesh as opposed to say, oh, clear plastic. It's like there wasn't enough brown mixed into the polymer pellets before melting them down for injection.

Can you post a pic of it in the gallery?
I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like.

I haven't had a "problem" with any of the figures showing up translucent or clear when they were not supposed to. I'm for all the clear/trans parts I can get my hands on so to me this would have been a blessing in disguise.
I have had bricks show up with flash on them that had to be trimmed off before they could be used.
Right now my biggest problem with the new Assassin's Creed sets is finding them in stores. It doesn't help that TRU and Target have the previous line on clearance.

Which set/figure is it?

Honestly the amount of filler plastic that goes into casting is considerable compared to the color pellets. It's possible someone got the mixture wrong or the mix wasn't thorough.

I'll take a picture eventually . It's no more than 2.5 feet from me on the shelf so it wont be a big deal (i'm just tired from a long day).

Just to be clear the parts aren't translucent clear like previously released MB figures. They are translucent brown like root beer in a clear glass held under a light. The forearms are the solid light brown colour they are supposed to be (i.e. the hands and the half sphere above the wrist gauntlet). I like the figure despite it being a factory error. I'll keep it in box until i receive a replacement .

What ever happen with this?
Did you ever upload a pic?

Thehumanelement wrote:Nope . I'll do it tonight.
Nice.

Return to “General discussion”