Mega-Verse "Retired Thread"

Tell your own story!
NatoGreavesy wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 7:48 pm
Hm, I just realised, since I've used ATLAS figures in Circle of Vengeance, we should probably try to come up with an explanation to tie that together with the ATLAS faction Project: Vortex.

Since that's your group, Charlie, did you have any ideas?
I have been thinking about that for a while. I always looked at them as being an evil version of them. If each of our comics is an alternate reality. I was going to use your evil ATLAS and Carlos in the next leg of my comic set in an alternate, much more sinister reality, where there is no one fighting against Jeff. The whole immortality thing in your comic ties in well with Jeff making himself immortal in my series.

I was angling towards the idea of them being a splinter group, but evil alternate reality works too. It still makes sense, either way.

After all, what is immortality except a slower form of time travel?

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 1:03 am
I was angling towards the idea of them being a splinter group, but evil alternate reality works too. It still makes sense, either way.

Too true. When in exile, Jeff did not have access to time travel. He did have the resources to build an immortality device. Immortality means you can travel through time for ever, though.

charliebucket wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 12:58 am
NatoGreavesy wrote:
Hm, I just realised, since I've used ATLAS figures in Circle of Vengeance, we should probably try to come up with an explanation to tie that together with the ATLAS faction Project: Vortex.

I have been thinking about that for a while. I always looked at them as being an evil version of them. If each of our comics is an alternate reality. I was going to use your evil ATLAS and Carlos in the next leg of my comic set in an alternate, much more sinister reality, where there is no one fighting against Jeff. The whole immortality thing in your comic ties in well with Jeff making himself immortal in my series.
If circle of vengeance takes place after LoS then maybe ATLAS got corrupted or something

charliebucket wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 1:22 am
NatoGreavesy wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 1:03 am

Too true. When in exile, Jeff did not have access to time travel. He did have the resources to build an immortality device. Immortality means you can travel through time for ever, though.
well not necessarily. its not time travel anyway, more of taking the extremely long way around it. your enemy's could orchestrate your rise to power and your downfall without you even knowing it. but then again that's the fun thing with time travel. if one event occurs in the future It can lead to the outcome in the present. Also something fun to play with is a third party or a omnipiant party that plays no direct role in the story but actually set the events of it in motion and designed how they would play out and how they will end to achieve a outcome favorable to a bigger goal or desired outcome.

If we want to do some stuff with alternate time lines that would be cool, challenging but cool. I already have to deal with that as is and I'm not sure where to begin. So you take it away Charlie.

Roebuck wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 8:01 am
charliebucket wrote:
NatoGreavesy wrote:

If circle of vengeance takes place after LoS then maybe ATLAS got corrupted or something
Well. The Return of Z19, which is the series featuring Nato's universe, takes place 5 years after The legend of Sabree

charliebucket wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 4:59 pm
Roebuck wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 8:01 am
charliebucket wrote:

Well. The Return of Z19, which is the series featuring Nato's universe, takes place 5 years after The legend of Sabree
ya its possible. that would fit.

Nato, with your permission, I would like to use your idea in Necropolis. The chemical pool, or mutagen, I was hoping that maybe someone in my comic strip could use it?

Jason397a wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 10:58 pm
Nato, with your permission, I would like to use your idea in Necropolis. The chemical pool, or mutagen, I was hoping that maybe someone in my comic strip could use it?
hmm i used it as well forgot to ask oops, i added a convincing reason as to how though. It should explain how someone in Your comic got it as well.

(From the timeline year 2559)

- ONI devises a plan to reacquire the flood research. The ONI Intelligence flag ship Dimata is sent to Gelida and orbits the planet. General Lougin orders Marcos to send a squad of solders to the deserted now flood controlled base.
- The events of Necropolis take place.
- During the events of the Necropolis the Dimata uses advanced orbital scanners to get detailed information about the flood research, they cover there tracks by simply pointing out that they were not involved in the destruction of the base.
- UNSC Command has bigger issues to deal with and overlooks ONI's actions.

Im petty sure nato will be ok with it? but he might have more info that will help you to incorporate it better.

I don't have any problem with you guys using those details.

Keep in mind, the pool itself was destroyed during the events of Necropolis, but there's a pretty big time period before that where the base was abandoned, so people definitely could've gotten samples of it.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”