New properties

Got a question? Ask it here!
What about fortnite? I know what your thinking "ew" same with me. But its the pieces that count. Considering how big fortnite is we would be getting 200 to 1000 pieces per set! And we would have all of the new molds that come with it. From human heads to possibly a real Mando! Don't get me wrong I hate fortnite with every bone in my body. But I thinking from a builders perspective. ;)

I would love Cyberpunk 2077 as a Megaconstrux line. Blade Runner would be great too. I wouldn’t mind seeing Battlestar Galactica here as well. It would be fun. Especially if they combined the old stuff with the new. Another thing that would be a lot of fun is Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers both have that cool retro-sci-fi look and would be a lot of fun. Maybe do John Carter and some Jules Verne Steampunk style machines and characters too. I would love to have a buildable Nautilus submarine from 20,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea!

The original Blade Runner is a rights mess, so i doubt anything from it will be made in figure form.

Battlestar Galactica would be cool. Cylons are very toy-etic. BG itself. As well as Colonial Vipers and Cylon Raiders would be great.

I like the suggestion for Flash Gordon. Figures have been made (or are currently being made) for the 80 movies, so I imagine the rights are possible. There are even vehicle & playset possibilities. Flash's rocket sled. The Imperial Cruiser ship the Hawkmen capture. Hawkmen! The tilting platform Flash and the Baron fight on. Colorful costume designs too, which are perfect for toys.

I have a fondness for pulp characters and would gladly take toys based on them. I think some of them may fall into public domain too. Tarzan. Flash Gordon. Buck Rogers. Phantom. The Shadow. John Carter (imagine 4-armed Tharks like the Destiny guys). Conan the Barbarian. Sherlock Holmes. A bunch of these characters interacting in the Mega Construx collector style figures would be cool. Jules Verne is also a great idea.

I think other historical soldiers would be neat. I know the vikings boat may have not been a huge seller, but I think it was due to price. I think if there were single-card figures in a Historic Heroes line, they'd do well. And maybe some smaller sets to accompany the figures. Some figures could basically be repaints of existing figures. For instance:

Historic Heroes wave:
Spartan.
Samurai or ninja.
Knight (canceled Assassins Creed figure)
Old West gunslinger repaint
Viking repaint.

The Call of Duty horse could be reused for a number of sets. More Old West stuff (loved the train) like a covered wagon or saloon front. Knights on horses at a jousting tournament (fence, pavilion, weapons rack) or a small tower. Feudal Japanese house/fort/temple. Greek ruins. Heck through in a Medusa in the set. I think smaller ($20-50) sets would be more digestible to people than the $80 pricepoint for the Viking set.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”