General Gallery Contest Planning Forum.

General news and information related to Mega Construx
See if this posts... didn't work last time. Please don't push your rules on others for contests, negative comments to discouraging others is harmful to the community, it is a opinion that organization is better. No one needs to ask others if it is ok to post or have a contest, please read your user agreement with Mattel. Fear of being shamed to reduce user content is a form of bullying and Mattel allowed this thread to talk about organization but does not enforce any of these thread rules.

I have been doing much reading and thinking about a organization plan, what might be helpful in finding contests to enter and getting other to enter. My solution is two fold entry contest look up system. My view with constructive criticism comments are not helpful with other other ideas presented.

1. The contestant needs to ensure the label of "contest entry" in the title of the project. Example "Christmas contest entry Halo Hog delivery". The old requested to custom title the contestant's project to the contest runner desired title has been problematic for more then one contest at one time, thus the start of this forum thread to create some kind of order in the chaos. PLEASE state in the description of the project, consent for use in active contests, Mattel cares about consent of use, otherwise, as written in the user agreement with Mattel, a user can claim misuse of their content when the contest runner uses a different user's content in their contest winner posted project. Example, if the original user did not like getting second place in the contest and did not consent to use for the contest, that user could take down the whole contest winner post every time the contest runner tries to post or repost all the winners, and never tell the contest runner.

2. Any user running a active Christmas contest can then use the search looking for key words "Christmas contest entry" or request in a user's project comments "want to join my Christmas contest", as per the Mattel user agreement the contest runner would need to get consent to use content in the contest before posting. can request in that user's project comments, about if they want to enter the contest, If no consent entry is visible.

3. Any user running a passive Christmas contest, A passive contest is when a user's project does not consent to a contest or reply to the comments to provide consent, the contest runner can still run the contest and post with text what place ranked in the contest in the comments of the original user's post. Example "1st place, congrats you won my Christmas contest ". This is a passive contest in that no other user content is used and does not require consent from original user to enter, because anyone can comment. Any user would like to know if they won a contest, and may not log in to check for a month, a passive contest winner will know they won, due to comment on user's project, a active contest can announce the winners and none of them will know unless tagged in the post or actively remember to look for the contest runner, to see if they won. Some feedback I have seen is that with the active contests, the user forgets about the contest, never knowing if they won, much time passes then don't care to look.

This new system puts the work of running the contests on the contest provider, encouraging the contestant to post a contest entry that can go in all of the contests offered at the time. This thread's old way of contests put the work of running the contests on the contestant needing to repost the same project with different contest titles, after doing all that work to create the project, then get negative comments about doing double posts. The problem with the old system is that it's the job of the contestant to seek the contests after building and uploading, and after uploading users are done and have very little interest in seeking out two, three, four contest to enter. The contest runner only requires consent once, does not matter how many contests are active.

What do you think? Does this sound like a contest system that would support many contests and everyone can enter all the contests offered at the same time.

One question. What is wrong with the current system?

The reason this system exists is because it was complete chaos before it.

*slaps table* The system works!

Dude honestly my brain hurts. Could you please simplify it? I think i get some of your points

If there were 4 contests at once the desire and interest would just die down. Either A. Nobody's stuff would be seen as it'd be drowned out or B. People get confused or someone is upset because no one participated in their contests.
The idea is the content runner would be responsible for judging and the contestants for entering if they want to . Its encouraged to make new and unique stuff for each contest to match the theme

I apologize for my failure to put the i❤ contest announcement up on the gallery. My plans have been ruined by the mods and their lack to put 5 announcements into the gallery. I will continue to try.

Ge0b0x wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:40 pm
See if this posts... didn't work last time. Please don't push your rules on others for contests, negative comments to discouraging others is harmful to the community, it is a opinion that organization is better. No one needs to ask others if it is ok to post or have a contest, please read your user agreement with Mattel. Fear of being shamed to reduce user content is a form of bullying and Mattel allowed this thread to talk about organization but does not enforce any of these thread rules.

I have been doing much reading and thinking about a organization plan, what might be helpful in finding contests to enter and getting other to enter. My solution is two fold entry contest look up system. My view with constructive criticism comments are not helpful with other other ideas presented.

1. The contestant needs to ensure the label of "contest entry" in the title of the project. Example "Christmas contest entry Halo Hog delivery". The old requested to custom title the contestant's project to the contest runner desired title has been problematic for more then one contest at one time, thus the start of this forum thread to create some kind of order in the chaos. PLEASE state in the description of the project, consent for use in active contests, Mattel cares about consent of use, otherwise, as written in the user agreement with Mattel, a user can claim misuse of their content when the contest runner uses a different user's content in their contest winner posted project. Example, if the original user did not like getting second place in the contest and did not consent to use for the contest, that user could take down the whole contest winner post every time the contest runner tries to post or repost all the winners, and never tell the contest runner.

2. Any user running a active Christmas contest can then use the search looking for key words "Christmas contest entry" or request in a user's project comments "want to join my Christmas contest", as per the Mattel user agreement the contest runner would need to get consent to use content in the contest before posting. can request in that user's project comments, about if they want to enter the contest, If no consent entry is visible.

3. Any user running a passive Christmas contest, A passive contest is when a user's project does not consent to a contest or reply to the comments to provide consent, the contest runner can still run the contest and post with text what place ranked in the contest in the comments of the original user's post. Example "1st place, congrats you won my Christmas contest ". This is a passive contest in that no other user content is used and does not require consent from original user to enter, because anyone can comment. Any user would like to know if they won a contest, and may not log in to check for a month, a passive contest winner will know they won, due to comment on user's project, a active contest can announce the winners and none of them will know unless tagged in the post or actively remember to look for the contest runner, to see if they won. Some feedback I have seen is that with the active contests, the user forgets about the contest, never knowing if they won, much time passes then don't care to look.

This new system puts the work of running the contests on the contest provider, encouraging the contestant to post a contest entry that can go in all of the contests offered at the time. This thread's old way of contests put the work of running the contests on the contestant needing to repost the same project with different contest titles, after doing all that work to create the project, then get negative comments about doing double posts. The problem with the old system is that it's the job of the contestant to seek the contests after building and uploading, and after uploading users are done and have very little interest in seeking out two, three, four contest to enter. The contest runner only requires consent once, does not matter how many contests are active.

What do you think? Does this sound like a contest system that would support many contests and everyone can enter all the contests offered at the same time.

We could do a social experiment where 81Ceta_Deta announces that next month everybody can make a contest with out restrictions and that the gallery planning forum will resume normal status the following month as to test which system works

WhoThCares wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:07 pm
We could do a social experiment where 81Ceta_Deta announces that next month everybody can make a contest with out restrictions and that the gallery planning forum will resume normal status the following month as to test which system works
Ask JoeFilms whether or not we’re allowed to do social experiments here anymore.

Well due to the fact I don't know how to ask JoeFilms ill ask here and hope somebody passes the question along

Return to “General discussion”