Doing video reviews

Having problems with the website or forum? Post here for help!
Hello Mega team! I'm so hooked on the MOTU line you guys are producing, I've made it a goal to do a photoshoot and a video review of every single figure, vehicle, and playset. If I'm reading the guidelines correctly, you aren't allowed to post links to YouTube due to safety concerns (and I get that). My problem is the video review I filmed for He-Man is 2.47 GB, and the site won't accept it. Is there a way to get approved to somehow post a review that's hosted on an external site? I tried to be as detailed as possible in my review, but I'm not sure how to share it. I don't think I can save it small enough without tanking the quality of the video -- but if anyone has experience with this I'd love input.

I'd love to be able to post a video for everything in the MOTU line, and happy to make the content if you guys can help me figure out how to share it. Thanks!

-HeroDan

Could you try lowering the video quality?

I think the problem is that it's 9:24 long.. I can lower the quality, but I'm afraid if I lower it too much it'll look pixelated, and the point behind the videos for me is to show a good, HQ look at the figures.

I think your best bet might be to either make a thread in General Discussions about your YT channel and update the thread whenever you post a video, or make a post on the gallery saying that there's a new video on your channel. That's kinda how I had to do it, and it worked out well.

Ok, I can do that! I just made a shorter video, I'm also going to try posting that to my gallery to see if that's acceptable. I love the Mega Construx MOTU brand and I really want to make content, just trying to figure out the best way to share it!

Community Team
Hi.

Hosting on an external site would unfortunately not be an option for complicated legal reasons. Your reviews may also get caught in moderation if they contain anything that could be construed as personal information. If you are visible on screen or heard talking, it probably won't pass.

You can try, but you might have better luck just posting on YouTube and letting us know when you have updates.

Thanks Yan! What's the best way to do that? Should I post here? Or is there a better way for me to directly communicate when I make a video? Happy to email if you don't want it posted here on the forums. I have every MOTU product released so far, and I plan on doing a video for every figure, vehicle, and playset.

My Mega Construx Masters of the Universe Series 1 He-Man figure review: bBEc50VSe1U on the YouTube

A video I made with Series 1 He-Man (I made sure to credit the figure to Mega Construx at the end of the video), debuting today at 5 PM CST: nwazR6D_U28 on the YouTube

Really appreciate the response, and happy to communicate with you guys in whatever way is easiest for you! I just wrapped up filming the videos for Skeletor, Beast Man, Teela, and Faker last night, so just need time to edit those.
-HeroDan

If there's anything I can improve on, please let me know. The video for Skeletor I'm editing now is much better in terms of quality and keeping things in focus! Happy to add or adapt anything you guys would like to see!

Hey Yan and team!! I just finished editing my Mega Construx Series 1 Skeletor review, and I had a blast!! I will be premiering the video live tonight at 9 PM CST -- were you able to find my channel? I really hope you like this one, Skeletor got a near perfect score!!

Also -- is there a way for me to share my photography with you guys? I typically do a photoshoot for every figure/vehicle/playset, but I have 38 photos for Skeletor. I use 10 of the photos for backgrounds for the review section, but I'm super proud of some of these and they didn't make it into the top 10. I can upload them to my gallery here, but given the constraints it'll need to be multiple projects and they can't be uploaded here in HQ.

Community Team
I found your channel. I'll keep an eye out for your reviews.

And the gallery is definitely the best place for you to share images with us. That's exactly what it's for.

I'm gonna lock this thread since it's in the tech support area and your questions were answered. If you want to talk about your MOTU reviews, you can start a new thread in General.

Return to “Forum / Website Tech support”