What got you into Mega Construx?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
The minifigures were what pulled me into Mega bloks, although I don´t recall if it was Halo or Marvel what I got first.

Errex wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:24 pm
The minifigures were what pulled me into Mega bloks, although I don´t recall if it was Halo or Marvel what I got first.
I'd like to see the Marvel figs return in the super articulated form. The license is probably super expensive right now though.

DemarcationMedia wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:39 am
Errex wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:24 pm
I'd like to see the Marvel figs return in the super articulated form. The license is probably super expensive right now though.
REEEEEE DISNEY AND LEG0

My bro started playing halo from the beginning. He got Halo CE when it first came out and.... well.... he loved the game.
We have always been Halo fans in my family. Then, around the time of Halo Wars 1, my bro found Mega Bloks. He bought
a few sets and I really liked them. Soooooooo, I bought MY first set. A blind bag that had a red marine in it. But, that was all I had for years. (I was still and am still a fan of "L" as well but MCX is superior.) So I got into animation, which brought me around to the better pose-able MCX figures and......... Walla!! Here I am!

When I was 10(ish) I downloaded Reach because it was free with XBOX LIVE Gold. I was in a competitor’s isle, and then I saw it. Fireteam Battlepacks. And so it began...

For me it was the He-man line I love them have gotten every set and have built several of my own vehicles buying sets like pokemon and invention for the colors I need

The He-Man minifigures is what got me into MCX. Still need Stratos and Scareglow though.

Mine is a funny story. When I was little, we got our first Xbox, and my dads friend gave us a copy of halo 3. I was super intrigued by the box, and must have memorized the manual because I read it so much. For years my parents wouldn't let me play the games, but they begrudgingly let me buy the building sets. When I was about 8, I got my first Halo Mega Bloks set: Covenant Spectre Ambush. From then on until I could play the games, these sets were my outlet into the Halo universe, and I can't be more thankful.

The white Honor Guard is still an all time classic to me.

AVGcustoms wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:48 pm
Mine is a funny story. When I was little, we got our first Xbox, and my dads friend gave us a copy of halo 3. I was super intrigued by the box, and must have memorized the manual because I read it so much. For years my parents wouldn't let me play the games, but they begrudgingly let me buy the building sets. When I was about 8, I got my first Halo Mega Bloks set: Covenant Spectre Ambush. From then on until I could play the games, these sets were my outlet into the Halo universe, and I can't be more thankful.

The white Honor Guard is still an all time classic to me.
Dude, you have no idea how common that is, at least a lot of us can relate...

It's interesting to see how many people actually share similar stories, just from how many people reply.

Return to “General discussion”