Mega Bloks Idea Builders - Have you seen them in local stores?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
So recently i came across a Mattel /Mega Bloks product named Mega Bloks Idea Builders. I was looking for Mega Bloks Hot Wheels product and noticed that the "blue" set includes a driver that is exactly like the Hot Wheels drivers minus the torso decals.

I'm fairly familiar with most of the new MB product but i have never heard of this line or seen the product in store. Have any of you seen these sets ( the blue and pink sets) in stores? Considering they are essentially a bucket full of bricks that you can build a car , ship and dinosaur out of they seem like a step in the right direction when it comes to providing fans with buckets of bricks .

Apparently there are also small foil packs of "Idea Builders" vehicles as well. I've never seen those either.

I have never seen them in stores, but I have been looking at purchasing the red box.

I *just* came across the "red" box set this morning after digging around.

Interestingly enough it looks like the "red" box set also comes in a blue container.

Can you imagine a "Halo: Idea Builders" sub set? I think that would sell VERY well .

Thehumanelement wrote:I *just* came across the "red" box set this morning after digging around.

Interestingly enough it looks like the "red" box set also comes in a blue container.

Can you imagine a "Halo: Idea Builders" sub set? I think that would sell VERY well .
Agreed, that's a great idea.

What is odd is a Google search for this will turn up the links (from the Mega Bloks Shop page) for the Ultimate Building Set and the Building Starter Set. But from either of those pages if I try to click on the Idea Builders link in the shopping path just above the picture I get sent to what looks like the Idea Builders home page (like the Halo or CoD homepages) but get a message about no results being found.
Seems to me like this could be a new upcoming line that may not be ready for release yet. I hope that is the case at least as some of those red and blue parts look like they would really help me get my Micronauts Robotman built beyond his current skeletal form.
This sounds like a question for Cary in the ask section.

I already have 10 Mega Bloks items on my "save for later" Amazon list.

I don't know if i can afford another line lol.

The addiction is real.

Thehumanelement wrote:The addiction is real.
I hear that.

WHAT!? I need that! Do they sell them online?

Amazon and Walmart are the locations i've found them thus far.

Return to “General discussion”