2015 CoD Legends - Fantastic Sherman!

Builds & Discussions
I was just browsing the new listings for Call of duty in the shop

https://www.megabloks.com/en-us/shop/co ... l-of-duty/

It all looks great (as usual) but the Battle Tank set is particularly good. The various and sundry models of the M4 Sherman tank seem to be particularly difficult to pull off in block form, but this model absolutely nails it.

The forward glacis armor looks especially nice and the extension of the tread sidewalls past it is a well-executed detail. The tile with the army star is a great interpretation of applique armor on a hull that slopes at all the right angles for that distinctive Sherman profile. I also love the new elements for the road-wheel suspension. Those will come in handy for creating other US World War II vehicles that shared the same design. The turret seems to be well-proportioned to the hull, although I'm not 100% sold on the rounded bricks at the front just yet. Still, the overall construction looks great, and from that long barrel and the general turret shape this looks like it could be an M4A3E8 Sherman...the Easy 8 which is probably the coolest Sherman model next to the Firefly variant.

And finally, it looks as if this tank may be the first block tank I've ever bought (and there have been A LOT) where the vehicle is even close to being in-scale with the included figures.

So, all that being spewed-forth, please pass my compliments on to the designer of this set. All of the Call of Duty vehicles have been spectacular, but I'm especially fond of WWII tanks and I'm just overjoyed that this one turned out so well!

The recent Legends Reveals, the Nuketown II set and the 16 figure pack all look fantastic. :) I had a look at the Nuketown II instructions and it actually has you build a Bookcase inside the top floor, adding a little bit of extra detail which we didn't see on the first structure. The opening garage door is a fantastic feature too!

The Legends sets all look great, with the Sherman definitely taking centre stage. The build captures the Iconic Tank so well, and the ruined building piece included really looks like something out of a war documentary - in short, I am very impressed and agree with your words on the set.

Full heartedly agree with your words - Mega you guys have knocked it out the park this year!

I have a question I want to know about the MB Sherman since I haven't seen any reviews of it yet, How many figures can fit inside? I mean I don't expect it to house a full 5 man crew but I don't want it to house like just one in the driver compartment and one having to stand out of the gun turret, like can all 3 figures included in the set fit inside of the tank, and all hatches can close up or is it like the gunner/commander has to stick out of the top?

Also the co-drivers gun is too thick and looks too long. Simple enough for me to deal with though (just not gonna put the tube onto the pin piece, should solve both problems)

AkulA1996 wrote:I have a question I want to know about the MB Sherman since I haven't seen any reviews of it yet, How many figures can fit inside? I mean I don't expect it to house a full 5 man crew but I don't want it to house like just one in the driver compartment and one having to stand out of the gun turret, like can all 3 figures included in the set fit inside of the tank, and all hatches can close up or is it like the gunner/commander has to stick out of the top?

Also the co-drivers gun is too thick and looks too long. Simple enough for me to deal with though (just not gonna put the tube onto the pin piece, should solve both problems)
I just picked this set up a couple days ago. and yes you can get all 3 inside with that hatches closed. The commander can sit inside the turret, and you can just squeeze a fourth figure inside the hull but it is very tight and you may have to secure their weapons in the crate on the back.

Blizz wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote:I have a question I want to know about the MB Sherman since I haven't seen any reviews of it yet, How many figures can fit inside? I mean I don't expect it to house a full 5 man crew but I don't want it to house like just one in the driver compartment and one having to stand out of the gun turret, like can all 3 figures included in the set fit inside of the tank, and all hatches can close up or is it like the gunner/commander has to stick out of the top?

I just picked this set up a couple days ago. and yes you can get all 3 inside with that hatches closed. The commander can sit inside the turret, and you can just squeeze a fourth figure inside the hull but it is very tight and you may have to secure their weapons in the crate on the back.
Thanks for the response. Reviewers I've seen didn't to even try to get three figures inside. And I'm fine with the weapons storage. I just was curious as to how many figs can get inside, it also gives me an idea of how many troop packs I need (the 16 packs so I can remove the ones who look like tank crew and put those in the tank.)

Saw this one just today and was enamored. Ive been following megabloks ww2 legends line for awhile now but nothing really peaked my interest until this sherman since i love ww2 tanks.

has anyone been successful at lowering the turret like Sensi420 did? Been looking around and i dont think i can message people here so not sure how to contact him. Wondering if you can just lower the turret via the blocks from the damaged building

this is going to be my first megabloks set. Itching to get it in!

they said The Sherman Tank has bad Tracks. any confirmation?
because if it is. then im not going to play with it. and set it to display.

hey steampunkX my tank broke to.

One of the tracks on mine snappes as well. Treads on the sets can be hit or miss. Fortunately they replaced it a okay.

Thanks for the response Guys. Its official. when i get my hands on this sets. its on display!

Return to “Call of Duty”