Destiny Review: Fallen Spider Tank

Builds & Discussions
++ Begin transmission
Owner of transmission: Halo40KWarrior
Message play:

While I may not have played Destiny as much as others, (I only got to play it once) I was enraptured by the game, so when Mega announced that they were coming out with a Destiny line, I was extremely excited for it. So when the sets finally came out, at first I planned on getting the Sparrows, but after seeing Reviews done by both Jang and Chewy on YouTube, (both whom I'm subscribed to on there), I began to think Hmm, this might be a set worth getting... and as luck would have it, it was available on Amazon Prime! So on Friday, I ordered the Fallen Walker (after having an agonizing moment between getting that or the Kodiak Siege Cannon XD) and on Saturday, it arrived at my home and wasted no time putting it together!

The Figures: Right off the bat, the two things that caught my eye were the Fallen Captain and the Hunter. From my experience in Destiny, the Captain is an imposing figure, equipped with a Shrapnel Launcher and shields. Mega has managed to bring that to the micro action figure and boy, did they do an amazing job doing that! With 4 posable arms, you have a variety of different ways to display him, either giving orders or aiming his weapon. The Shrapnel Launcher itself is pretty good, but I noticed that both on the box and in the instructions that it had a longer ammo magazine and a different looking stock, along with a bigger secondary handle, if you guys could have the weapon actually look like how the box artwork shows it, that would be really helpful.

The Hunter on the other hand is an amazing figure! I'm more of a Titan player, but this Hunter has to be my favorite fig of the set, guaranteed! With the Crest of Alpha Lupine and the Strength of the Pack hood, (I have no idea what these do in the game, so if someone could explain, that would be a huge help :D) this guy looks like he's ready to hunt any force of the Darkness! His weapons consists of a golden Hand Cannon, a knife and (drumroll please!) the Gjallerhorn! This missile launcher looks amazing in Mega Bloks form, I've personally never used it in-game but the detail on it is incredible!

Besides the figures, you also get a Shank. It's quite a simple build, it uses a few special pieces, but other than that, not really much to talk about. These things were a pain to fight in-game, but it's good that Mega added a regular troop unit in the set, though a few Vandels or Dregs would have also been good also.

All three come with a display base, the Hunter's has a clear stand that allows you to make him look like he's leaping into the air and raining death from above with his weapons.

The Set: The star of the show itself is the Fallen Spider Tank. Equipped with not 1, not 2, but 3 heavy weapons (A missile launcher/ "plasma cannon, laser-guided main cannon and what practically amounts to a Gatling gun or a point defense gun) this thing is definitely something you wouldn't want to mess with! The build took about 3 hours and I was practically sweating by the time I was finished! The most defining feature of the set is the "Engine". Built on a light up brick, when you install it, you press on a hidden brick and it lights up with both red and yellow flashing alternately, the "eyes" of the Tank also glow when you have the hatch closed. The legs are able to pose so you can have it look like it's crawling over terrain, and you have up to 6 opening hatches (2 on each side, one in the rear and one on the turret) on the body. The main cannon can move up and down and pivots on a turret, turning a full 360° while the Point Defense Turret moves up and down and also pivots in a more limited arc. The gun barrel also rotates, so you can make it look like it's firing.

My final opinion? This definitely deserves the hype I've been hearing about! it's an amazing set, with two incredible figures and an awesome vehicle. I highly recommend getting this set for those who enjoy Destiny and Mega Bloks.

Until then,
This is Halo40kwarrior signing off

End transmission ++

Thanks for the info. A little suggestion: Use a lamp when taking pics or just take them under daylight. Your pics are too dark.

ocean707 wrote:Thanks for the info. A little suggestion: Use a lamp when taking pics or just take them under daylight. Your pics are too dark.
Unfortunately, I don't really have a lamp, but I'll redo the pics, thanks for letting me know though!

Cool review, I might just have to buy this after all!

Spartanz19 wrote:Cool review, I might just have to buy this after all!
Thanks man!

Community Team
We're glad you like it :D

Thank you for taking the time to post a review!

CaryMega wrote:We're glad you like it :D

Thank you for taking the time to post a review!
Thanks Cary, and it was no problem! ;)

Return to “Destiny”