Which Set Was A Pain To Build For You?

Builds & Discussions
Was there ever a Halo set that was extremely hard/annoying to build? Like, did you get halfway through it and then realize that you made a critical error early on or was the set just generally tough? For me, it would be the UNSC Vulture Gunship, which I almost finished before realizing I made a bad mistake early on and had to take the entire thing apart and rebuild it. What were your experiences?

Well, I have over a decade of building behind me so I don't really make mistakes whilst building anymore.

However, there was that missing piece when I first built the Firebase.

So infuriating.

This isn’t Halo but the CoD Hovercraft was a serious pain. Building the frame took forever, then the rest of the vehicle was made of tiny pieces. Every time you’d think you were almost done, SURPRISE! There’s more! Definitely worth the effort though.

I gotta say the wasp. The thing took a while and I get tired of following instructions after a bit.

The OG Warthog and Hornet. They weren’t difficult, instead they just suffered from falling apart making them near impossible to keep built.

09 elephant as it was basically one of the first biggest sets before signature sets started to come out with the forward onto dawn coming out in 2012. So when parts fell apart building the frame and track portion of the thing problems ensured to the point of almost throwing the elephant across the room in rage 16 hours into building it.

I just turned 11 and I got the UNSC INFINITY I kept making mistakes and it was extremely difficult to put the pieces together

WhoThCares wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:55 pm
09 elephant as it was basically one of the first biggest sets before signature sets started to come out with the forward onto dawn coming out in 2012. So when parts fell apart building the frame and track portion of the thing problems ensured to the point of almost throwing the elephant across the room in rage 16 hours into building it.
Sometimes I wish I had kept my 2011 Elephant intact. I never had problems with it falling apart.

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:24 pm
The OG Warthog and Hornet. They weren’t difficult, instead they just suffered from falling apart making them near impossible to keep built.
Yep the 2009 Hornet was a pain. My Warthog fit fine for the most part, no idea why, but yeah. That Hornet was a pain.

Also I got a Seraph in 2013 that had five right angle plates and one left instead of 3 left and 3 right... But that was a long time ago. One of my first sets.

Hmm, elephant troop carrier. Fricken hated that build and some of the sections were already built for me. It's serviceable as a vehicle at least. On color and parts elephant V1 was tricky, so was the Mammoth. Builds were great just almost all the parts used the same colors so try finding that small 1-1 plate without sorting everything.

Return to “Halo”