GoT line purpose

Builds & Discussions
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:01 am
Death Vader is the twist.
I see what you mean. That's pretty "twisty", I guess. I thought I had missed something for a second there.
😕

Weapon_of_Mass_Construxion wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:15 am
Survivor11 wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:48 am
Murple wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:35 am
The prequels are good movies. I will not respond to any backlash I get from this.
OK.

TPM is boring and sucked.

AOTC is decent and cool 'cos of clone troopers.

ROTS is decent too, especially with the twist which is unexpected if you haven't already watched the OG trilogy.
(I'm looking at you Cat).
Wait, wait, wait, back off topic for a second, what twist? I don't remember any twists in ROTS. OK back on topic: I would buy any GOT dragons MCX makes, assuming I can find any...
You my man, need to watch that movie again.

Examples:
Darth Sidious is Palpatine (if you watched the OG trilogy first, then you already knew this).

Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader (again, we know this from the OG trilogy).

We find out what Darth Vader thought happened to Padme and the twins (new information).

... Just to name a few of the top of my head.

As I said before, unless you watched the OG trilogy first, then ROTS has a lot of twists.

Always watch OG trilogy first.

Murple wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:02 pm
Always watch OG trilogy first.
I'm not sure I agree with that.

Yeah, that's what threw me off about the "twists", I grew up with the original trilogy so there were no twists for me in ROTS. Here's a "theoretical" twist though, how do we know Palpatine isn't Anakin's father? Or atleast concieved through forced direction of the Midichlorians? I feel like that's a revelation Lucas intended to make before Disney took over Star Wars.
😒
Oh yeah, back on topic: GOT dragons!

I feel that if you watch the OG trilogy first, then you're going to be disappointed in the prequels.
However, if you start with the prequels, you enjoy the original trilogy even more.

That's an accurate assertion.

Righty-ho, now back to the threads original discussion...

Survivor11 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 pm
I feel that if you watch the OG trilogy first, then you're going to be disappointed in the prequels.
However, if you start with the prequels, you enjoy the original trilogy even more.
Yeah, that's the way my nephew did it.
Prequels first then og trilogy then episodes 7,8, etc. I guess it works, he loves it all.

Weapon_of_Mass_Construxion wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:07 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:48 pm
Yeah, that's the way my nephew did it.
Prequels first then og trilogy then episodes 7,8, etc. I guess it works, he loves it all.
I watch them in the order they’re made.

Return to “Game of Thrones”