GoT line purpose

Builds & Discussions
Unlike most lines for Construx, GoT is a dead show now and overall outlook on the series has been very poor due to its final seasons. The timing on this is horrible and it wouldn't have been a problem if this was a line created years ago.

Mega needs to drop this line soon and pick up a new license over something new and upcoming if they want to pull in more sales. For example, the new Witcher series is releasing later this year and while the only controversy is based off of the cast and characters appearances, it's better than what happened to GoT.

However, if GoT is what Mega REALLY wants to do, then just make them in the Heroes line instead.

The popularity of the show really doesn't have much bearing on the success of the line. Even though the show has finished, and it perhaps didn't end on the highest note, GoT still has a level of renown and recogniseability that arguably no other fantasy franchise in recent memory has managed, and eight seasons of content to draw inspiration from.

Simply put, people have been demanding for years that Mega go back to its roots and bring back some kind of medieval/fantasy theme, and GoT ticks all of those boxes. That's why we're getting larger sets, rather than just a heroes line, because that's what the people want.

I've already seen dozens of comments on this site and social media from people who freely admit they haven't seen the show, but want to buy the sets for the high level of quality/detail.

What Nato said. Also: Swords, dude.

For once, I wasn't the guy who hated the line...

Although I've never seen the show because it just doesn't appeal to me, I see how the line appeals to others.

Unlike with Dest-

I've pre-ordered the sets. Good looking sculpts, fantastic looking dragon build(with a sculpted head... I'm looking at you Iego… I'm always looking at you and those normally horrible head builds.) Disappointed with how the wall looked, but who knows. Still purchased the set for the figures.

Also really a shame, he didn't survive long enough to check out some of the best builds mega has done to date. The Caball harvester dropship and Caball Goliath tank come to mind. Also forget printing and detailing that's generally better then the best Halo heroes figures.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:44 am
I've pre-ordered the sets. Good looking sculpts, fantastic looking dragon build(with a sculpted head... I'm looking at you Iego… I'm always looking at you and those normally horrible head builds.) Disappointed with how the wall looked, but who knows. Still purchased the set for the figures.

Also really a shame, he didn't survive long enough to check out some of the best builds mega has done to date. The Caball harvester dropship and Caball Goliath tank come to mind. Also forget printing and detailing that's generally better then the best Halo heroes figures.
I was wisecracking...

That backfired.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:07 pm
The popularity of the show really doesn't have much bearing on the success of the line.
I'm sorry to say my friend but World of Warcraft Mega Bloks fans would have some words.
NatoGreavesy wrote:
Simply put, people have been demanding for years that Mega go back to its roots and bring back some kind of medieval/fantasy theme, and GoT ticks all of those boxes.
While yes people have been asking that Mega should make more medieval sets, I haven't seen anyone really hammering for a GoT line. I've watched the show and personally don't desire any merch from it because odds are the people I'd want to buy just die stupidly or tragically.

My main argument is the timing of this new line isn't great, had they began halfway through the series then they'd probably have more confidence in marketing.

If only they put out more Destiny stuff when Forsaken launched because right now and a year ago would've been the best time to make more Destiny sets.

... Because Destiny is still trying to be relevant?

STOP BRINGING DESTINY INTO EVERYTHING SURVIVOR!!

Oops. My bad.

Worst case scenario, the GoT line would serve as the basis to develop additional themes down the road. Give us enough pieces to build fortresses, towers and add a handful of new minifig pieces, and it'll be fine.

I have a lot of Halo figures and Destiny figures yet I have never played those games. I might like them or not but no idea, they just are not really my style. I believe it can do well however I do understand where you are coming from. It is an odd choice to invest in this license seeing as the series has ended and spoilers **** I do not see how they could do a movie. Season 8 was horrible in my opinion but there are plenty of sets I would get. I mean the last good Star Wars film was in 1983 and there are plenty of toys and stuff for it still being made.

(that last sentence was a joke)

Return to “Game of Thrones”