How would you feel if there was a somewhat order to the blind bags?

Builds & Discussions
Works for the spartans. Although figures like Cutter look pretty weird. My point wasn’t really get rid of them but go back to before challenger series where there were the 8 figures that where standard, then have two secret figures that weren’t shown

I actually like having different era figures in any given assortment. The problem I see with era-specific series is that if you don't care for a specific period and skip a series, it might take over a year to actually buy anything again.

The way things are, you can pick and choose the figs you want (sort of).

Errex wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:27 pm
I actually like having different era figures in any given assortment. The problem I see with era-specific series is that if you don't care for a specific period and skip a series, it might take over a year to actually buy anything again.

The way things are, you can pick and choose the figs you want (sort of).
Which is why I made the post wondering what everyone else' opinion was.

I figured there should/would always be something someone would want. Like in my example, we have never gotten a RED reach era spartan figure yet and always wanted one, Would like some Brown color spartans too. I need to make me a lopez.

I'm pretty happy how the discussion is taking place.

Magnus913 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:18 am
Halo Wars era has different molds for spartans (MK4 series, marines that dont show faces,banished, etc.)
I still don't understand what you mean. An era is a period of time, but the Halo Wars games don't exist together in a separate timezone to the rest of the Halo franchise. If you want to get technical about it, the Halo Wars games take place in separate eras to each other.

Halo Wars 1 takes place prior to the events of the main Halo trilogy, but all of the weapon, armour, and vehicle designs use the same aesthetic as seen in the first three games. The marines are regular marines, the elites are classic elites, the Prophet of Regret is still the Prophet of Regret, the Arbiter's armour design is similar to the H3 version, etc. Therefore the content from this game would integrate seamlessly with the rest of the original trilogy period.

Halo Wars 2, on the other hand, takes place thirty years later during the reclaimer trilogy period, but the humans still only have access to their outdated tech, so their stuff could still easily be slotted in with the original trilogy in terms of design styles. The only outlier would be the Banished, who were founded sometime prior to Halo 1, but could still be lumped in with the sequel trilogy stuff because that's the first time period where they featured in a game.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:17 pm
Magnus913 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:18 am
Halo Wars era has different molds for spartans (MK4 series, marines that dont show faces,banished, etc.)
I still don't understand what you mean. An era is a period of time, but the Halo Wars games don't exist together in a separate timezone to the rest of the Halo franchise. If you want to get technical about it, the Halo Wars games take place in separate eras to each other.

Halo Wars 1 takes place prior to the events of the main Halo trilogy, but all of the weapon, armour, and vehicle designs use the same aesthetic as seen in the first three games. The marines are regular marines, the elites are classic elites, the Prophet of Regret is still the Prophet of Regret, the Arbiter's armour design is similar to the H3 version, etc. Therefore the content from this game would integrate seamlessly with the rest of the original trilogy period.

Halo Wars 2, on the other hand, takes place thirty years later during the reclaimer trilogy period, but the humans still only have access to their outdated tech, so their stuff could still easily be slotted in with the original trilogy in terms of design styles. The only outlier would be the Banished, who were founded sometime prior to Halo 1, but could still be lumped in with the sequel trilogy stuff because that's the first time period where they featured in a game.

I think you're looking too inward on this. Each game has a unique style, which is where I am basing the "Era" from.

-Wars era being the unique to the halo wars game molds. masked troopers, banished, etc.
-Reach Era being the unique molds from the reach game, the usual silver lower legs/forearms, reach exclusive helmets and armor, and the notable knife on the chestpiece.
Original Trilogy Era being armor styles from halo 1-3. The new C.E. MKV, MK6 Gen 1, EOD, Rogue, original recon.
Sequel Era comprises all of 343's unique styles. MK6 Gen2, etc.

Era isnt being used as a measurement of time in this case but what was unique to those specific games. For example if you look we have 2 seperate molds for the Trilogy Era and the Sequel Era RECON armor, both are recon but show up different in each perspective game. like how the Reach edition EVA helmets all have Emiles side attachment.

Reach happened during the same year as Halo C.E. but both would have completely different molds for the Mjolnir MK5 gear. Reach era MK5 shoulder molds for mega are actually very small if you see the one on Noble 1's figure, while the MK5 on M.C. for the new mold based on combat evolved are rather hulking, but both considered the exact same thing.

Return to “Halo”