Post Editing: Serious Issues.

Having problems with the website or forum? Post here for help!
Hey there, Mega. I just made a post about this on the Gallery, but just in case it doesn't get through, or even if it does, I am going to reinforce it here. I had a character choice post for my comic Dawn of Darkness, and I was using the edit feature to update my list. Today, I decided to give everyone last names, and submitted it feeling pretty proud of the names I had come up with. Then, I return to find that not only did that work not save, which could have easily been remedied by myself, but the post was removed entirely, with no way to get my list back. This is not okay. Not at all. Not informing us why a post doesn't get accepted is one thing. Removing a post without informing us why because of an edit to the description is far worse, especially when it contains vital information for something we are creating. My suggestion: Rather than just removing posts that have been edited with something you find unfit to be released, make a new section for post drafts that it can be sent to so we can revise it, or just don't update the post. If it was released before, it shouldn't be removed entirely, for ***'s sake.

If you cannot tell, I am incredibly *** about this. I spent 3 days making that list, and now all that work has gone down the drain with no way to retrieve it.

-Gregor

That truly sucks, and you're absolutely right about how annoying and awful this issue is. But it isn't completely impossible to recover your list. If you paste the post's url into google and click the little green arrow next to the result, you can view a cached version of the page.

The last time I visited that gallery post was on the 17th, so I can still view a snapshot of the page as it appeared on that date. You or someone else who's visited it more recently may be able to access an even more current version of the page, but if not, I hope this still helps:

These are the character choices for Dawn of Darkness. The list here in the description will be updating as people claim figures, so pay attention to it. Some characters are listed as already taken, as they had figures already created, or I know them personally. Taken characters will be marked with a ">" next to their number in the list. (Note: Some figures have specific genders, and will be labeled as such). When you choose a character, I will create a name based off your username that sounds as much like a normal name as I can.
1: Flame Marine (Female)
2: Flame Marine (Male)
3: Desert ODST Sergeant (Female)
> 4: ODST Contra (TheMegaConstruxtors)
> 5: ODST Snow (Snowman33)
> 6: ODST Basi (BasicUsername)
> 7: Private Joeseph (JoetheMarine99)
8: Scientist (Male)
> 9: Spartan Zee-019 (Spartanz19)
> 10: Spartan Zerrek-268 (Manodak) (My Best Friend)
> 11: Spartan Murple-129 (Murple)
> 12: Spartan Nigel-011 (nigelninja11)
13: Spartan Drake-203 "DB" (DBMAN1)
> 14: Spartan Rogue-207 (Rogue-Elite)
15: White Orbital Spartan
> 16: Spartan Zarry-425 (Zarry)
> 17: Spartan Hal-306 (Haloguy092) (Would have used 092, but that's Jerome's number)
> 18: Spartan Ceta-081 (81Ceta_Deta)
> 19: Spartan Survivor-110 (Survivor11)
20: Teal Air Assault Spartan
> 21: Spartan Green-082 (GreenSpartan082)
22: Green Rogue Spartan
23: Green Spartan VI vH3
> 24: Spartan Charlie-128 (charliebucket)
25: Green JFO Spartan
26: Green Scout Spartan vReach
> 27: Spartan Maz-170 (MasterSpartan170)
28: Blue Commando Spartan Gold
29: Blue Commando Spartan Silver
30: Blue ODST Spartan vReach
31: Blue Spartan Recon vH4
> 32: Spartan Joseph-912 (JoeFilms)
> 33: Spartan Diesel-817 (DieselGirl8)
> 34: Spartan Cut-605 (FlamboyantCuttlefish) (My Brother)
> 35: Spartan Crystal-225 (CrystalStars) (My Sister)
> 36: Spartan Gregor-113 (SpartanGregor113) (Me)
37: Blue Marine #1
38: Blue Marine #2
There are 17 characters currently available. I will be locking choosing on the 17th of June. If people who were given figures wish to switch, I will do so. I will be making a post about the enemy faction in my story today (the 16th) So long!

~Gregor

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 am
That truly sucks, and you're absolutely right about how annoying and awful this issue is. But it isn't completely impossible to recover your list. If you paste the post's url into google and click the little green arrow next to the result, you can view a cached version of the page.

The last time I visited that gallery post was on the 17th, so I can still view a snapshot of the page as it appeared on that date. You or someone else who's visited it more recently may be able to access an even more current version of the page, but if not, I hope this still helps:

These are the character choices for Dawn of Darkness. The list here in the description will be updating as people claim figures, so pay attention to it. Some characters are listed as already taken, as they had figures already created, or I know them personally. Taken characters will be marked with a ">" next to their number in the list. (Note: Some figures have specific genders, and will be labeled as such). When you choose a character, I will create a name based off your username that sounds as much like a normal name as I can.
1: Flame Marine (Female)
2: Flame Marine (Male)
3: Desert ODST Sergeant (Female)
> 4: ODST Contra (TheMegaConstruxtors)
> 5: ODST Snow (Snowman33)
> 6: ODST Basi (BasicUsername)
> 7: Private Joeseph (JoetheMarine99)
8: Scientist (Male)
> 9: Spartan Zee-019 (Spartanz19)
> 10: Spartan Zerrek-268 (Manodak) (My Best Friend)
> 11: Spartan Murple-129 (Murple)
> 12: Spartan Nigel-011 (nigelninja11)
13: Spartan Drake-203 "DB" (DBMAN1)
> 14: Spartan Rogue-207 (Rogue-Elite)
15: White Orbital Spartan
> 16: Spartan Zarry-425 (Zarry)
> 17: Spartan Hal-306 (Haloguy092) (Would have used 092, but that's Jerome's number)
> 18: Spartan Ceta-081 (81Ceta_Deta)
> 19: Spartan Survivor-110 (Survivor11)
20: Teal Air Assault Spartan
> 21: Spartan Green-082 (GreenSpartan082)
22: Green Rogue Spartan
23: Green Spartan VI vH3
> 24: Spartan Charlie-128 (charliebucket)
25: Green JFO Spartan
26: Green Scout Spartan vReach
> 27: Spartan Maz-170 (MasterSpartan170)
28: Blue Commando Spartan Gold
29: Blue Commando Spartan Silver
30: Blue ODST Spartan vReach
31: Blue Spartan Recon vH4
> 32: Spartan Joseph-912 (JoeFilms)
> 33: Spartan Diesel-817 (DieselGirl8)
> 34: Spartan Cut-605 (FlamboyantCuttlefish) (My Brother)
> 35: Spartan Crystal-225 (CrystalStars) (My Sister)
> 36: Spartan Gregor-113 (SpartanGregor113) (Me)
37: Blue Marine #1
38: Blue Marine #2
There are 17 characters currently available. I will be locking choosing on the 17th of June. If people who were given figures wish to switch, I will do so. I will be making a post about the enemy faction in my story today (the 16th) So long!

~Gregor
I'm not sure that would work for me, since the last time I technically viewed that page was by clicking a notification from that post to attempt to view it, only to get a 404 error. However, on that note, I was about to recover the list of people who chose character by viewing my notifications. I'll have to remake they're names, but at least I can redo it much easier now.

Jeez man, this sucks.

Also, I don't know if the video editing issue was resolved, but I tried to edit Winters: 30 a while back, only for the video to be removed entirely. I know this was just a glitch in the system, there was no possible way the video broke regulations, but I'm just reinforming everyone of the issue.

JoeFilms wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:57 am
Jeez man, this sucks.

Also, I don't know if the video editing issue was resolved, but I tried to edit Winters: 30 a while back, only for the video to be removed entirely. I know this was just a glitch in the system, there was no possible way the video broke regulations, but I'm just reinforming everyone of the issue.
That's basically the same thing that happened with the Character Choice video, as well as my "Shall we Play a Game" animation a while back. It happens less often with posts, but it does happen.

It’s a shame that you have to use an exploit to see the list, but hey, you’ve got it nonetheless.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:02 pm
It’s a shame that you have to use an exploit to see the list, but hey, you’ve got it nonetheless.
Agreed. I just posted it, actually, so it should show up soon unless Mega decides not to. This time, I have it saved in an Email draft so I can have it in case it gets deleted again.

Return to “Forum / Website Tech support”