Image inconsistencies

Having problems with the website or forum? Post here for help!
jonnyfiyve wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:50 pm
That link is broken. Keep in mind that some content on the site can be viewed by you but not by others.
Well, that's exceedingly suspicious. When I saw that post there were already comments from JoeFilms and SpartanGregor113 (I'm sure those users would be quite happy to attest to that, as would anyone else who happened to see it before it's apparent removal), so I clearly wasn't the only one who could see it. I certainly didn't flag it for deletion, so either someone reported it, or moderators/staff decided to get rid of it after I made my post here.
jonnyfiyve wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:50 pm
I would imagine now that you have brought attention to the violence in your comics they will be even stricter when moderating your projects.
Forgive my confusion, but I'm struggling to follow your logic here. As I've stated before, I've been making my comics - with the same type of content, and same level of violence - since mid-2016. The moderation team has seen every post I've ever made. Why would they be stricter now for me bringing attention to something that they could see for themselves anyway?

I fear my initial point may have been lost among all of my other comments throughout this post.

All I really want is some kind of assurance from someone at Mega about what's going on with moderation. These changes have only started happening in the past month or so, with no explanation or justification, and very little consistency from case-to-case (For example, the same day a post of mine was missing an image of a crashed vehicle on fire, someone else successfully uploaded a comic with several pictures of graphic CGI blood. On another occasion, an upload of mine had all images of gunfire removed, but around the same time, someone else was able to upload a pic of a marine getting blasted in the face with a shotgun).

All I want is to understand is what's changed, and why, so that myself and others know where we stand.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:41 pm
(For example, the same day a post of mine was missing an image of a crashed vehicle on fire, someone else successfully uploaded a comic with several pictures of graphic CGI blood. On another occasion, an upload of mine had all images of gunfire removed, but around the same time, someone else was able to upload a pic of a marine getting blasted in the face with a shotgun).

You should add the examples above for the mods to see.
Have you made use of the report tool to flag these inconsistencies?

jonnyfiyve wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:57 pm
You should add the examples above for the mods to see.
Have you made use of the report tool to flag these inconsistencies?
I'm not going to do that.

I have no problems with other people's content. I don't want to name or shame other community members for posting things that don't offend or concern me. I'm certainly not going to try to get user's comics taken down for the sake of my own vindication. This site is a community, and my attacking others who share my love for posting content and comics to the gallery would only serve to to damage that sense of community.

I can - and have - provided plenty of examples from my own past posts to back up my point. I see no need to drag down and punish others for their successes.

Right, let me join the fray.

I have very rarely been successful in posting explosions, unless they were potato ones. I joined in autumn 2017, however, users such as Nato are still very successful to this day in getting these images through, compared to me. Inconsistency 1.
I have had cat pics go through for me a few times, very recently, whereas no other users have ever been successful to my own knowledge.
Inconsistency 2.
You are also able to post pictures of "naughty" nature as some of us may remember (the Vale pic guy), and posts directly attacking another user (I'm not going to mention names, but it hasn't happened recently). Yet, the mods will still block fictional explosions that do no real damage.
Not only is this a third inconsistency, but it's also very worrying to me.

Sidenote: Descriptions are also taken into account.
However, this is pretty wierd as sometimes they just delete the part they don't like, and others they block the entire post because of it. I'm talking about my own posts, for reference.

WebTeam wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 pm
Hello builders,

We are sorry to hear that some of your images have not made it through moderation.
As the web team, we do not have any answers for you regarding moderation and ordinarily we would have moved this thread to another forum.

However, in the upcoming weeks we will be rolling out the ability to edit your projects.
We hope that this feature will at least make it easier to replace certain pictures rather than uploading your entire post again.

We will leave this thread in the current forum as a place to discuss the upcoming edit feature.

Thank you all and happy building :)
Hey, thank you for this update! It sounds great, and I am sure it will be incredibly helpful!

It annoys me that I can post detailed damage and blood via figure mods just fine but 2D MSpaint bullet holes dont

TheArbiter25 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:46 pm
It annoys me that I can post detailed damage and blood via figure mods just fine but 2D MSpaint bullet holes dont
The image isn't loading so here is the link: https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-ca/comm ... ome-paints

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:52 pm
I'm not going to do that.

I have no problems with other people's content. I don't want to name or shame other community members for posting things that don't offend or concern me. I'm certainly not going to try to get user's comics taken down for the sake of my own vindication. This site is a community, and my attacking others who share my love for posting content and comics to the gallery would only serve to to damage that sense of community.

I can - and have - provided plenty of examples from my own past posts to back up my point. I see no need to drag down and punish others for their successes.
I understand that you wouldn't want to get someones project removed, Nor would I.
However, without providing the examples of the "inconsistency" you are claiming how is anyone, especially mods, supposed to judge and compare?

In my opinion the only thing you have confirmed is that your projects have always been violent and the moderators have cracked down on that.

At this point, I fail to see what possible response a moderator could give you that would satisfy.

If we go back to my example of shooting something. Do you really expect the moderators to list out ALL the things you can possibly shoot that would pass moderation?

Let me put it this way. The photo upload guidelines states no liquid blood.
But what if someone uses CGI blood? It's not real liquid, its just looks liquid. Does it pass?

Maybe? is it CGI blood to show a character got cut on the arm while doing a stunt?
Is it CGI blood with a severed limb? Very different scenarios.

The image of the character that was wounded in a stunt would probably pass because of context and intention.

That said, let's say we have the ability to know why your image was rejected.
If you had uploaded the CGI blood with a severed limb, the reason for rejecting would be "No liquid blood"

Oh! but right on the page beside your project, is CGI blood on a characters arm who fell during a stunt. Inconsistency!!

I completely get what you are trying to achieve here by asking for clearer rules.
But I do believe you are hoping for a simple answer to a very complex question.

TheArbiter25 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:47 pm
TheArbiter25 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:46 pm
The image isn't loading so here is the link: https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-ca/comm ... ome-paints
In all honesty there's some intense custom figure mods of graphic nature that get through just fine. Heck the flood faction from halo by all rights falls into that category as it's warped and contorted flesh and bone twisted into amalgamations. That's the faction. There parasites that thrive off of other sentient life. There are alot of incositancys with uploads. Like how dose an Image of a sangheili honor guard walking with no words being spoken or shots being fired get removed? Also Nato I'll vouch for the post, my response at seeing it was hay look at that.

Also, Jonny Wile it may not be the same day as Nato is talking about it was about the same exact time.

These post should be exactly the same. However they are not. Yet between the two all the images passed.

Also to go with your current statement. Context is important, however bloks have been cleared by mega and there are extreme examples of it passing. To expand on this though the upload guide lines have not changed. This is a very recent development and it could be the cause of different moderators performing the moderation. To say simply I agree that this is a complex problem, but the boundarys have been subttlely set for what is expected as ok and not ok. And it's suddenly changed.

Return to “Forum / Website Tech support”