Favorite Halo set

Builds & Discussions
Man I still remember the first time I saw a picture of that set... I wanted that fella so much when I was 10. I thought it was an easy set to find so I was hoping I'd be able to find it at ToyWorld. I was wrong.

First: I have to go with the Firebase, kick-started my passion for MCX again.
It's a great set to get parts for customs, and if you know how, you can even build a custom straight wall.
Second: The OG Elephant, a set I have never had the opportunity to get, but I have always wanted. It's a great troop builder, with the amount of Marines you get, and it's a great vehicle.
Third: I take my hat off to the Spirit, it looks awesome, and it's not too pricey so I might save up a few hundred euros to get it, although that'll probably never happen.

Toy Designer
This is like picking a favorite child, but here are mine:

- Original Pelican. It was challenge at the time to add details and definition to it since there were far fewer different parts available back then. It was fun to design the back engine pods and figuring out how to sit two figures in the cockpit.

- Countdown: We worked hard to include the launch base with it and I think it turned out awesome.

- Flood Gate: The structure is quite simple, but with a couple of sets, it makes a fun playset. Designing the tractor was a blast and we finally added the Flood to our Mega Halo universe at the time.

How much was flood siege at retail i was young at the time so i have no clue

Also what would be your dream set up?

Id want to make a fortress with fire base walls and four MAC guns on the corners with fire base turrets inbetween with 1 OG pelican 1 OG falcon 1 OG hawk space for a scorpion and 3 warthogs

Kevin_MCX wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:57 am

- Original Pelican. It was challenge at the time to add details and definition to it since there were far fewer different parts available back then. It was fun to design the back engine pods and figuring out how to sit two figures in the cockpit.

- Countdown: We worked hard to include the launch base with it and I think it turned out awesome.

- Flood Gate: The structure is quite simple, but with a couple of sets, it makes a fun playset. Designing the tractor was a blast and we finally added the Flood to our Mega Halo universe at the time.
I also have to say. Only reason original Pelican isn't first is cause I don't own it. I mean, I use to... but I don't talk about that day I departed with it...

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 am

Id want to make a fortress with fire base walls and four MAC guns on the corners with fire base turrets inbetween with 1 OG pelican 1 OG falcon 1 OG hawk space for a scorpion and 3 warthogs
Flood siege was a whooping 54$ retail in the US.

My dream set up would probably be a properly built Command Base Telfa. A massive superstructure in the middle of the base with a half way built space elevator. 4 of the "Generic firebase" making up the 4 corners of the interior walls with multiple other commands ops and structures within the walls. In the outer area a massive landing pad and vehicle depot with barracks and troop centers. All closed in with some canyon style walls with a pass leading into the base. :D

Kevin_MCX wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:57 am

You know I've never gotten myself that OG pelican which is funny considering I have the other two. In all honesty wile I love the classic halo design when I had to choose between the V1 original and the V2 343i version I went with the later due to the cockpit of it. Wile the cockpit of that one was partially designed for the lights and sound features I really liked the easy to see in view screens that very easyliy defined the pilots of the craft. Pairing it with two Green UNSC pilots and it look great.

The Countdown set, I have to agree. The launch structure really is just awsome.

Same with the Flood Gate. Probably one of the best sets out there.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:07 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 am

Flood siege was a whooping 54$ retail in the US.

My dream set up would probably be a properly built Command Base Telfa. A massive superstructure in the middle of the base with a half way built space elevator. 4 of the "Generic firebase" making up the 4 corners of the interior walls with multiple other commands ops and structures within the walls. In the outer area a massive landing pad and vehicle depot with barracks and troop centers. All closed in with some canyon style walls with a pass leading into the base. :D
If I could, I'd buy myself 23 more of the UNSC Firebase sets, so I'd have four turrets on the 4 corners, but I'd also be able to build a bunch of custom straights to fill in the gaps. It would also give me 24 ONI operators, that I could separate into six squads of 4 Marines. I'd also have 44 Drones, and 12 pairs of hunters.
It would be big enough to fit a couple of Scorpions, several warthogs, a dozen Mongeese, some Wasps, as well as Falcons and Pelicans.
I would christen it ONI Firebase Beta 4.

The thing is, I would never be able to find so many sets, or have the money to buy them.

Eh I've seen an going for 30$ on eBay at one point. Not sure what they are now as I haven't looked In awile. I've gotten some for a great price some for ok prices. I think overall I've gotten 7. If your building straight walls you should have all the material to build 4 corners and fill in the walls. I myself customized the light turret and made a heavy duty version of it. Of course if you want with only a few you can make a pretty decent custom structure as well

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:04 pm
Eh I've seen an going for 30$ on eBay at one point. Not sure what they are now as I haven't looked In awile. I've gotten some for a great price some for ok prices. I think overall I've gotten 7. If you're building straight walls you should have all the material to build 4 corners and fill in the walls. I myself customized the light turret and made a heavy duty version of it. Of course if you want, with only a few you can make a pretty decent custom structure as well.
Yeah, I don't really like e-bay, I'm not a big fan of second hand, I'm a maniac so I need ALL the pieces in a set.
The Firebase retails for about 60€ on Amazon.
I'd be happy if I had just one more, mainly because I want a full pair of Hunters.

Return to “Halo”