Beginner's guide to BBCode

Having problems with the website or forum? Post here for help!
BBCode is a very common form of forum post construction used on this site. I figured, as I have pretty much figured it out, that I would post how it all works here, so that those who can't quite figure it out can construct better designed posts.

is used to turn letters/words/numbers inside it to Bold, darkening the colour and slightly increasing the size. Commonly used for titles or to emphasise something, instead of using ALL CAPS.

Is basically the same as , only for Italics, often used to put emphasis on a word, such as "I just had to get three of that Destiny Sparrow at that price"

Is simply used to underline words, much like & are used for Bold and Italics, respectively. So, that the words look like this

"quote"

"quote" Is used to quote something, this is used automatically when replying to another forum post.

Image Is used to post an image. Simply copy the URL of the image, and place it between here. Please note that you can only use it with images from MCX's official site.

Is used to link a page. Simply grab the URL at the top of your screen, and past it here. Please note that you can only post URLs from MCX's official site.

Font size

Font size is used to create different sizes of text. The size can be changed by clicking on the "normal" drop-down slider, and selecting the size from tiny to huge, then this will appear: . Add text, and it should look like this.

Font colour

Font colour is used to change the colour of your text. If you click on the button, a grid of colours will appear, you can then select one, like so and add text to it, like so.

[gallery][/gallery]

[gallery][/gallery] is easily the feature asked about by the most people, and it also happens to be the most complex. Here's a step-by-step process to figure it out:

Step 1: Copy the URL of the post you wish to feature: https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/comm ... -part-xxvi

Step 2: Remove the https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/community/gallery/ bit.

Step 3: Highlight the remaining part of the URL.

Step 4: Add the [gallery][/gallery] feature.

It should look like this:

And that concludes my guide. Any questions please do ask. I will keep this updated if need be. Thanks.

Nice guide, this'll definitely help people out!

Thanks guys. Hopefully it'll save us all some time, and we can just link it from now on.

I always wondered how to get gallery pics in the forum, I'll have to give that a try. Thanks charliebucket

charliebucket wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:23 am
BBCode is a very common form of forum post construction used on this site. I figured, as I have pretty much figured it out, that I would post how it all works here, so that those who can't quite figure it out can construct better designed posts.

is used to turn letters/words/numbers inside it to Bold, darkening the colour and slightly increasing the size. Commonly used for titles or to emphasise something, instead of using ALL CAPS.

Is basically the same as , only for Italics, often used to put emphasis on a word, such as "I just had to get three of that Destiny Sparrow at that price"

Is simply used to underline words, much like & are used for Bold and Italics, respectively. So, that the words look like this

"quote"

"quote" Is used to quote something, this is used automatically when replying to another forum post.

Image Is used to post an image. Simply copy the URL of the image, and place it between here. Please note that you can only use it with images from MCX's official site.

Is used to link a page. Simply grab the URL at the top of your screen, and past it here. Please note that you can only post URLs from MCX's official site.

Font size

Font size is used to create different sizes of text. The size can be changed by clicking on the "normal" drop-down slider, and selecting the size from tiny to huge, then this will appear: . Add text, and it should look like this.

Font colour

Font colour is used to change the colour of your text. If you click on the button, a grid of colours will appear, you can then select one, like so and add text to it, like so.

[gallery][/gallery]

[gallery][/gallery] is easily the feature asked about by the most people, and it also happens to be the most complex. Here's a step-by-step process to figure it out:

Step 1: Copy the URL of the post you wish to feature: https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/comm ... -part-xxvi

Step 2: Remove the https://www.megaconstrux.com/en-us/community/gallery/ bit.

Step 3: Highlight the remaining part of the URL.

Step 4: Add the [gallery][/gallery] feature.

It should look like this:

And that concludes my guide. Any questions please do ask. I will keep this updated if need be. Thanks.
Thanks Charliebucket, and mini-Boo101 thanks you too, say thanks mini-Boo101 "Thanks Charliebucket!"

Return to “Forum / Website Tech support”