Flood Set Ideas (Its been 3 years since we had a real set)

Builds & Discussions
Keep in mind, we have not had a set with floods in it for 3 years. I repeat 3 years. Yes we had the cyclops with alpha flood and that one mystery pack but what about the combat forms? The last real set was was the flood invasion with the 2 tanks 2 combat forms one being invisible (I do not count invisibles as usable figures). But here I present some ideas for flood sets, the flood need to return in mega. The entire halo game is named Halo because of them.

(All Flood Figures would be super articulated there is no excuse at this point not to have any updated flood)

Flood Battle Pack: Includes 1 poor marine 2 combat forms (1 elite 1 brute) a couple infection forms and a carrier. It would also give each flood a firearm and come with the arm and head piece to infection the marine. 15$ (But lets say for economic reasons carrier is not required)

Flood Skirmish: 5 Combat forms (Various species), 1 Tank 1 Carrier, and a stalker form, and 10 infection forms And 3 Marines to fight maybe they can have a warthog (Set should include parts to infect the marines if someone chooses) 40$

Banished Locust: Includes Locust, Brute and Grunt pilot, 2 Flood combat forms (1 elite 1 brute) a handful of infection forms. 25-30$

Abomination: Includes 1 Flood Abomination (Buildable with some specialized parts) with 2 combat forms infection forms of course and a brute and grunts to fight. 25$

The Grave-mind: Ultimate collectors set, includes a buildable gravemind, halo 2 arbiter and chief and some combat forms.

I hear and understand you on that! I am a huge fan of the Flood since Halo: Combat Evolved and a even greater supporter of the faction. I like your set ideas and themes your thinking of, I feel as though the problem lies in two factors:

1.) Fan faction comparison: (Not accurate statistics, just taking a wild guess here) of the Halo Mega Bloks/Construx fan base, 70% are human/UNSC fans, 20% are Covenant/Covenant remnant factions fans, and only 10% are Flood, Forerunner, Insurrectionists, misc fans. As such Construx is more likely to release sets to pertain to those customers/fans in the higher percentages.

2.) Concurrent media: about 75% to 90% Bloks and Construx sets are released in relation to the forefront media i.e. games or movie/tv. Currently we have Halo 5: Guardians and Halo Wars 2. While we did get "Awakening the Nightmare" campaign in HW2 I fear we may only get sets that contain only Voridus or Pavium and their respective units, but I will still hold out hope for the new Flood forms introduced! Halo 3's tenth anniversary has come and passed and we only got a series and one set dedicated to that moment, so I'm not certain if we will see Halo 3 Flood Pure Forms or Combat Forms for awhile, and unless Halo 6 or Halo Wars 3 decides to include Flood we may see a significant reduction in Flood-centered sets.

Yes very true, they seem to be focused on new games for all there themes so I'm guessing that we'll have to wait and see what 6 brings.

Return to “Halo”